• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which 5 ton mini - ex

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I think you should get the 50-3 just for the cab, you know how the rain is over here. A lot less hours and at $10 a day, I know you can cover that cost by about 3-4 times every day with the added productivity of the cab.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The unit that is shown looks very clean. I would step up to the 50 with a cab. The only issue I see with these machines is the breakout is not as high as I would like to have or I would have bought one. I have run the CASE versions of these machines and they are smooth and comfortable to run. The bigger machine would be the way to go in my opinion. I am just completing the paperwork on a Takeuchi TB153 with no thumb and no bucket just cab and air it is 58K for comparison.

atgreene

I went from a Takeuchi 025 open station to a new Takeuchi 135 cab model. Amazing difference in what you can do. The cab really is the difference, doesn't matter how bad it's snowing, sleeting, raining, blowing etc..., I can keep working. The extra productivity really made the cab worth it.

sleded700

Cat 305 Ccr

Try the CAT 305 CCR , it is a great machine, you can buy them up here in Vancouver BC, fully loaded with CAB, AC, quick change, 2 buckets, and a thumb, blade, and CD player. for about 82, 500 CDN. this also include 4 year warranty. I have heard lots of excellent feedback from all users and way better performance than the Deere, Hitachis and Komatsu's. and again the 3 letter word may cost more up front but you will always get your money back in teh resale end of it. oh yeah the cabs are way bigger than the other guys buikt for real men

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I looked at the CAT 305C CR. It was 14K more than a TK TB153FR real money to real money. The specs are nearly identical except to match the TK's dig depth you have to spec the long boom on the CAT. I checked resale value and it is not there. Actually it was less then TK's TB53FR in some cases. These were prior C models that I did the comparison with. I have no reason to believe that it will be any different with the C machines once they hit the used market. The cabs are nice on the 305C. More comfortable than the TK TB153. It was not so nice as to justify the additional money however IMHO.