• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to sell used forklifts

dbcheek1

I inherited 3 forklifts from my father-in-law's business that I'm trying to sell in the Poconos. I've listed on craigslist, but no buyers. Is there a site to price and/or sell used equipment? I don't have a clue how to price these. I saw machinerytrader.com but it looks geared toward dealers. Thanks for any assistance!

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Best thing to do is look at places like machinerytrader.com and some of the auction sites like ritchiebrothers.com just to name a couple :) and see what they have been selling for in your area, after that depending on how much they are worth you can decide on how to sell them: if they're worth enough that someone would buy them and freight them elsewhere then you might think about the bigger sites that sell worldwide or at least in another state. I they aren't worth more than 10K then you might want to stick with the local purveyors of used stuff like craigslist or ebay.local and there are probably a few machinery sellers within 50 miles of you that would do a consignment thing...

Around here I see at least a dozen forklifts a week go through craigslist, and that's just the ones I see when I am looking... probably miss a bunch more.

Landclearer

Try ironplanet. They come out take the pics and you get worldwide advertising. If you do the daily marketplace place, you can leave it on there as long as you want or until you get what you want.