• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to place roadwork signs and a toolbox that can store your grease gun and where to put it

Grader5449

Hey guys, we recently just got a 2024 John Deere 620 GP motor grader, and the toolbox that came with it is way too small to store a grease gun not sure where to put it or what type to get for that. I am also looking at roadwork signs of something that’s simple to take on and off and set up easily and also where to mount them, any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
My Volvo has a big enough tool box for a manual pump gun, and a case of grease, some oil, and windshield washer, as well as spare ripper shanks and teeth. Fairly roomy actually. I carry an electric grease gun in my truck. I have seen Government graders keep signs and stands, as well a a few comes on a rack across the front fenders. Not sure of the regs in your area, but here you need a lot of signs for road work. I carry 2 small 2x2 men working signs, and a couple small tripod sign stands, not much bigger than the signs, in the back of my truck. They could be mounted on a grader. Road work requires a design plan for signs that has to be signed of by the government engineer. Construction ahead 1 Kilometer out on all roads leading to the job, farther on highways. Construction zone begins and ends signs. Then you need men working, no passing, and flagger signs. If the job is longer than 2 kilometers, you have to divide it up into seperate work zones, plus the flaggers have to be within 200 meters of the flagger signs. It's a full time job for someone tending signs. My little portable signs are fine for private work, but don't make the cut for government work.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Cat and OTC make grease gun brackets you might be able to hang somewhere. Then, your gun is always covered in dust & mud. Kudos for wanting to grease.

Grader5449

OK, cool that may work, I’m also looking for something simple for roadwork signs that just aren’t as big as the big ones that you may have to place out.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Can't find a picture on line. We bought our first set, and then they made more in the shop. The whole thing is about 2 feet long, A tripod, one leg in the back, and 2 as backing for the sign, with hooks to catch the bottom of the sign. When you pick it up, it folds up small