• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to get marine chain

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
Hey, truckers use chain for securing cargo. Would anyone know where to get marine chain, say 3/8 inch w/o buying $1000 spools? I need about ten feet of hot dipped galvinized chain. Mose hardware stores of a general nature only have your run of the mill chain. thanks.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Every 10th link and each hook or splice need to be stamped with the grade of the chain. And you have to use grade 70 or higher for highway transport work.

Why would you wanna use marine chain?

Dualie

Rigging supply store should have it. crane and lifting rigging. most places that make Wire rope chokers and swedge cables should have no problem getting you some.

mitch504

Every coastal hardware store; lots of internet marine supply stores, most are cheaper than west marine, though they give excellent service

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
I want marine chain to use on making a deadman anchor for stabilizing a barn. The chain will be buried around a concrete deadman. I just can't find a place that sells it. common galvanized chain will not last as long as the method of galvanizing is different. Thanks.

winky

Occupation
Retired Waterman/Floorlayer
try Manufacturer Express, Inc. I have bought chain there , cheap , good stuff and free shipping grade 70 is what they carry. Half the price of Lowes , Tractor Supply etc