• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to find troublehooting info in SIS 2.0 for Groenveld greasers?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't remember Cat installing those systems from the factory but that could have changed since I left some years ago. We have a local outfit here that the dealer hires to come in an install the systems on the machines when they get here from the factory. I think if you can contact a dealer for the greaser, they will tell you it can be troubleshot from the grease controller. I don't recall there ever being anything in SIS about the systems.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I don't remember Cat installing those systems from the factory but that could have changed since I left some years ago.

That's kind of what I was thinking. A couple years before I retired the quarry got a 980K that was delivered with an auto-lub system installed but I know that it was installed at the Cat dealer by an outside contractor.

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
That s/n you posted is for a 815F soil compactor :D

SIS 2.0 has a habit of hiding troubleshooting under systems ops I've found.

I looked up two 730C s/n's, went Service > Systems Operations > the Auto Lube system > Testing & Adjusting > then the relevant troubleshooting/testing article.

kshansen

Occupation
That s/n you posted is for a 815F soil compactor :D

SIS 2.0 has a habit of hiding troubleshooting under systems ops I've found.

I looked up two 730C s/n's, went Service > Systems Operations > the Auto Lube system > Testing & Adjusting > then the relevant troubleshooting/testing article.

Well that shows how important giving correct info is! Just for fun looked to see if the were any 730C's with a SN even close and did not see any.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Groeneveld autolube is an option on a lot of mid-size equipment including wiggle wagons and wheel loaders amongst others. IIRC there is a common document reference for T&A and/or diagnostics on the system, a bit like SENR5664 for air-conditioning systems, that covers all installations. Let me see if I can find it.

As per above need a good S/N as a place to start, because if the truck was equipped with it ex-factory there OUGHT to be info somewhere under the S/N.

Nige

The full system name is "Groeneveld TWIN". Loads of info about it on the interweb.

On SIS2.0 search for RENR6331. It's listed under Wheel Loaders but as far as i know it works just as well for an ADT.

upload_2021-7-5_4-34-59.png

EDIT: There is one for the ADT as well - Doc Ref M0078532.

upload_2021-7-5_4-41-17.png

Last edited:

Nige

I don't remember Cat installing those systems from the factory but that could have changed since I left some years ago.
There are actually two autolube options available now ex-factory for ADT and small/medium size wheel loaders/compactors. Lincoln Quicklub and Groeneveld. Most machines equipped with autolube that I've come across both new and used in the last few years had the latter.

Questionable wizard

Thanks for the help. I've been covered up lately with broken equipment. The truck s/n starts with TTF. I don't have that one memorized. The 815 has been a problem the last few weeks. Have that s/n memorized for troubleshooting on SIS. The info given gives me a place to start.

kshansen

Occupation
Thanks for the help. I've been covered up lately with broken equipment. The truck s/n starts with TTF. I don't have that one memorized. The 815 has been a problem the last few weeks. Have that s/n memorized for troubleshooting on SIS. The info given gives me a place to start.
You sure about that truck stating with TTF? According to SIS 2.0 TTF is a 3512 C Marine Engine! Could you mean TFF?

kshansen

Occupation
Just looked in SIS 2.0 and here is a hint that might help you find the info. In the opening page enter the prefix, assuming it is the TFF and lubrication then select the "Articles" image where the red arrow is pointing in picture be low and there seems to be lots of stuff.
TFF lub.JPG

Questionable wizard

Your right on the TFF. I'm getting more scatter brained each day. Had another truck the aftercooler fan quit yesterday. Troubleshooting today. Third truck is at the Cat dealership getting a salvage center axle. Prior damage before we bought it reared its ugly head. The greaser issues keep getting pushed back