• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where to find 1:50 scale accesories for Model Diorama

Patriots88

Hey guys, I'm looking into building a road scene diorama with some of my equipment and was wondering where the best place to get 1:50 scale construction men figures, cones/barrels, trees, etc. all in 1:50 scale. Also I was wondering where I could find a good model of a 1:50 scale concrete truck with front unloading. I found one at 3000toys.com and it was $220 ...... a little pricey for me and it also had a lot more axles on it then the ones around where I'm from have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patriots88

JDOFMEMI

The front loader might be hard to find an inexpensive version of, but try this

www.dhsdiecast.com

They really cater to the construction and crane models, and the prices are fair and service great.
They also have a forum site with a lot of model collectors and builders, so you can find nearly anything.

alco

The front loader might be hard to find an inexpensive version of, but try this

www.dhsdiecast.com

They really cater to the construction and crane models, and the prices are fair and service great.
They also have a forum site with a lot of model collectors and builders, so you can find nearly anything.

My suggestion would be Buffalo Road Imports.

www.constructionscalemodels.com

The service, pricing and selection is great. One thing though, I would call or use the shopping cart on the website, not just e-mail them. They do take a while to reply to just plain old e-mails sometimes.

I found DHS to have a good selection, and fair pricing, but the customer service sucks. Of all of the orders I have placed over the last 4 or 5 years, I'd be pretty generous if I said they got the shipping instructions right on more than 2 or 3 of them. They promise the world, but do whatever they want in the end.

Brian

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Ive dealt with both DHS and Buffalo Road ..both offer selection and diversity and price ...
Haven't had an ounce of trouble with either ...always fast and courteous ...

Graham

I usually buy from DHS. Now for the Norscot Cat models I would check out your local Cat dealer, I was able to get a 950G for $23! For trees, check out a hobby shop, I like Hobby Lobby, and I use Woodland scenics products, they have culverts, trees, scaled gravel, grass, etc.

Patriots88

hey guys thanks for all the input. I'll definitely will look into it all.

thanks,
patriots88

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Don't overlook O scale (1/48) train distributors, there are a fair number of accessories available. Walthers.com is the first to pop into my mind.
Then look at the staggering amount of stuff for HO scale, and try not to get depressed....
happy hunting!
Alan627b

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry

mudmaker

I dont think I have seen a Front Discharge in 1/50 scale. I have a couple in 1/34th made by First Gear, but checking their website all that is the only scale they make it in. They do have some other nice 1/50th scale trucks and equipment.

BigIron25

DHS diecast also has scale model barrels, signs, operators, barricades and barriers, loads, culverts etc etc in 1/50th scale.

Skidsteer1

Websites

I like DHS and 3000 toys.com but the one web site that I found to get models at and the most reasonable prices is toysforcollectors.com He is fair on time and on top of things if it comes in damaged