• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where has Nige been ?

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
Technology vacation or a real vacation? I miss his pearls of wisdom re: heavy iron. :notworthy

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I need to make something clear .......... it was a vacation so that the wife could spend time with her family. I spent a large part of the time between the beach and looking for an apartment to buy - while most of you guys were shivering in 30 below temperatures ........ it was 5PM when that photo was taken

Cartagena 2.JPGCartagena 1.JPG

Just to prove I actually went on a plane - taken in Panama airport just before boarding.

Panama Airport.JPG

BillG

Nige,
Anybody can take (or find) pictures like this. What we need to see is a picture of you in your beachwear with a couple of lovelies on each arm. Now THAT would prove your story. :D

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
And let the wife see them .......... I don't think so ............

Sooo, you're saying the wife and the MIL wouldn't qualify? Better not let them see that post either... :cool2

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
here's the JB Weld let me know if you need any more . we gotta have it on the job 1st thing in morning:thumbsup

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Yeah, the little man inside with a hammer finally got out lol

Pj

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . I think I have mentioned before that it frustrates hell out of me on modern machinery that I can't wind the bloody things over with no fuel.

If that failure is due to hydraulicing on start up it was an easily preventable disaster.

Fluid on top of a piston can get there from rain down stack (as mentioned by kshansen) a cracked head, a pin hole in liner, a stuck injector or the one that I have struck a couple of times . . . certain English engines had a cold start solenoid that admitted fuel to a vaporiser in the the inlet manifold.

If that solenoid failed it can fill the manifold with diesel and lock an engine which is okay if it locks it but on an easy starter like a Perkins or a Standard it can put a rod out through side.

Cheers.

Last edited:

td25c

Hope you had a great vacation Nige:) Looks like the rod journal got pretty warm in the picture. Spun bearing? :beatsme

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Any thoughts on this, other than "it's broke"....?

On second thought the rod and crank do look like they were hot. Don't tell me someone forgot to put oil back in after draining for oil change? Is that the only pair of rods that had a problem? Does not look real new an engine so I tend to rule out an assembly problem.