1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Where has everyone gone?

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Hallback, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Well I'm not/never was a logger so I never have anything to post here. But I sure like to read about it and seeing the photos especially old ones. For an amateur I have cut a lot of trees down thru the years tho.

2. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

the slowdown is in all forums, for a multitude of reasons, I think forums are becoming old school as the new generation is stuck in social media, in time I think most forums will dry up or become so stagnant that noone will visit them, also the spam and password fiascos of the past has chased many away, along with all the forced advertisement you have to see or watch just to post or get answers, I dont do any of the social medias, but I can see down the line it will be the only option...and these forums will join a long list of obsolete items or places we use to use..:(

3. check

check Senior Member

Maybe the only ones left on forums will be those of us who refuse to have anything to do with facebook.

Tinkerer, JPV and Ronsii like this.
  4. catwelder

catwelder Senior Member

welder
    i use facebook to look at what is being sold since well no one here really post anything for sale

5. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    I want to take this opportunity to thank those that post and share their pictures here. You've shown me a logging world I never knew existed...

It's appreciated more than you think.

Ed

excavator and Tinkerer like this.
  6. loggers son

loggers son Well-Known Member

shovel logger operator
    Too busy logging to post..... sorry got to go back to work.
    Trev

7. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I have a page on Facebook but don't use it much. I just check on relatives once in awhile. In the past I could not use it at all for professional reasons. I check here at least twice a day. I'm always looking to learn something new and maybe provide some experience if I have it. I have had customers, colleagues and acquaintances all tell me that Rusty Grapple's Facebook page is well worth the look and If I knew how to get there I sure would. That doesn't mean in any way that I would stop visiting this site.

If you want photos drop a line in about what you would like to see. Over the last twenty one years I have inspected and appraised thousands of machines and have more than a hundred thousand photos of most anything used in construction and forestry, some stuff in agriculture and a few things in small to mid sized mining. My travels were mainly in Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and southern Alaska but have traveled the US as well.

8. John Shipp

John Shipp Senior Member

forestry contracting
    Great to hear you are still about, Rusty G, some of my favorite threads on here and certainly the one that came up in google and led me to this site, have your old handle at the top.

Would like to post pictures of the forestry contracting we get up to, but it's small scale compared to what gets posted on here I'm not sure it'd be interesting to anyone. So, I just check in every day and look forward to a few pictures of proper logging. Many thanks to all who do put up there stories and pictures.

9. John Shipp

John Shipp Senior Member

forestry contracting
    John C, I have great interest in shovel loggers and service trucks of any shape and size, if you come across any pictures of them I'd sure like to see!

10. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

John Shipp, please go ahead and post pics of what y'all do, maybe in a new "brit logging" or something thread. One of the best things about HEF is seeing the different ways we do things in different places.

11. callingtheshop

callingtheshop Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I was off here for months, mainly good weather stuff and since winter has come a bit and will soon be here big time I have the time to visit and really enjoy this forum. I'm out of photos, so won't be posting anymore unless I discover any that were unposted. I too tried Facebook a few years ago after I was asked to post some of my back country photos and got one or two people who I had never heard of asking to be my friend. WTF? I value my privacy a lot so I removed the photos and tried to remove my profile and the damn site wouldn't let me so I changed all I could on my profile to BS and walked away from it and have never returned. Thanks to all for posting so many interesting items and photos. DiamondT, I was in Dupuyer Montana Sunday 26-Nov-17 for lunch at Buffalo Joe's and had a look for the old Diamond T truck but it's gone now.

12. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    All very good replies. I guess that it is a result of evolution.

TorkelH likes this.