• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where do you draw a line on forum member responcibility?

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Spelling was never one of my good points, can't count how many times I can screw up a word so bad my spell-checker can't even figure it out! There have even been a couple time I had to resort to an old paper dictionary to find how to spell a word! Then again there are times I can be maybe one letter off, like use an "e" where it should have an "i", and the spell-checker gets stuck!
You left out an 's' after the second instance of 'time'.... ;) should be plural... just sayin' :p

aighead

This is a cool thread.

I'm one of the ignorant new guys to HE owning. Basically, I bought 6 acres of land a few years back, with a lot of trees, and a pond. I rented a backhoe, found it terribly useful and labor saving. Some sad circumstances happened and suddenly I could afford to own a backhoe for the yard. Oh wait, I don't know anything about HE maintenance... I feel like I do have some brains, and a little mechanical abilities (thanks dad, for both that and the ability to afford the backhoe). Thus when I started looking into buying my own piece of machinery I also started looking for loads of information.

I've been a member of forums almost since the internet (for the general public, at least) has been around. All in all, forums are maybe the greatest part of the internet. I've been a member of roller coaster simulation building forums, bonsai, gardening, ponds, Honda VTXs, and probably several more I’m forgetting. Currently I frequent this one and civicx.com. I’ve gotten very lucky and found none of the forums to be terrible but it may help that I like to think I’m polite and appreciative of any advice, and I try not to be a smartass.

HEF is an interesting experience for me because there is a LOT of foreign info to me here, but y’all give me some good advice (though luckily minimal, so far). I’m learning a lot from other people’s posts and while sometimes I feel a bit dense you guys are great at giving me some good starting off points. I hope that forum contributors don’t stop posting or trying to help, at least with us who really seem to want to know and understand more.

Thanks to the mods and admin who started and maintain this site and all the users that try to help as much as they can. It’s great!