• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

where can you get a good lift?

cat320

Charter Member
I have been looking on machinery trader and other rental sites but it just seams they want to much for a used one. looking for a boom lift 40' to 60' lift straight or articulated 2 or 4 wdr .i'm in MA i just don't seam to see any that are under 10K this machine will not be used daily so the reason i just want a cheap one, i would think with all the units out there you would be able to find a decent one but that just does not seam to be the case or if there is a good one it it's 3-5 states away and transporting would probably eat up any low cost ones. Is there any onther sites that just deal with lifts>

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hi cat320, even though your only needing an "occasional" machine, I don't know that you would find a 40 - 60 ft boom lift that's in decent shape for less than 10K. You might find something very old that's a little rough, don't know that you'd want something like that lifting you 60 feet though. Have you tried Craigs list and ebay as well? Occasionally, a rental yard will sell their older equipment to replace with newer models, but even their older equipment is going to be rather late model machines as they don't hang onto lifts for years. Try calling Bill Beckvar at High Lift Wholesale. They may be in Illinois, but he has connections for lifts all over the country. He may be able to locate something your looking for. Good luck.

http://highliftwholesale.com/