• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wheeled loader shift issue

I'm looking at a Komatsu WA200-5 loader. It seems to have diminshed power and won't move out of 2nd gear, I'm told it just needs a new speed sensor.
I don't want to spend $1000+ for a mechanic to confirm this. Would a bad speed sensor cause this issue.
Thanks

coalrulz

If the speed sensor in the transfer drive fails it can cause the machine to not go above second speed. Does the speedometer on the dash indicate speed when moving?

coalrulz

Any active faults on monitor, E01,E02 or E03?
When below dial is turned to 3rd or 4th the monitor panel still shows 2 for 2nd gear?
1711740137862.png

Seen instances where mud or debris builds up under brake pedals and will not the pedal(s) return all the way. When viewing machine from the rear when someone steps on the brakes do the brake lights illuminate?

I've read a lot about shift solenoids being the issue, others have described the same issue. I found the location of one of the three possible solenoids. the other two, i can't find their location

found another issue. Would a low coolant indicator cause the "limp home" condition?
on the dash is a low coolant indicator icon as well as a triangle with and ! in it. the coolant was about 2 gallons low. I filled it back up and the low coolant indicator light went off for two minutes, it then came back on.
Is there a way to reset the warning light to see if it comes out of "limp home" mode?