• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wheel excavator and 3 blade trim saw - enough flow??

high_lux

Hello All,

I am looking at purchasing a 2nd hand Terex Schaeff HML32 wheeled excavator, I wish / intend to mount an Elkaer HS2300 triple blade limb saw on the end to cut / trim hedges and tree lines. I'm not an expert but from reading the specs of the excavator and also the required flow for saw head it looks like it will work? Can any one see any problems resulting from this combo? Also wish to set it up to work via an electrical on/off switch (Thinking blades should only spin one direction) and have and emergency stop button for "safety" as apposed to using the hydraulic breaker pedal (which you would have to keep your foot on to keep blades spinning but also would have capability of spinning the wrong direction). What would be involved in setting this up?

The HS2300 specs as supplied by dealer below;

Working Width 2300mm
Branch Diameter (max) 250mm (max)
Oil l/min 60 l (min) ***I assume optimum flow maybe more than this??***
Oil Pressure 210 bar (max)
Blades 3 x 800mm
Weight 220kg

I've also attached photos of the HML32's hydraulic specs and a schematic diagram (diagram is actually for a TW85, which I think is exactly the same? - just newer and being branded as Terex as apposed to Terex Schaeff)

Attachments

• IMG_1445.PNG
    IMG_1445.PNG
    582.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5001.JPG
    IMG_5001.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 4

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
First may I say well done a schematic is most welcome to answer your questions, however the schematic states that the main pump provides the flow for the hammer and the pressure relief valve is adjusted to 300 bars (see ports A5 & B5 ), as this runs from the main block be aware that operating a saw in combination with the equipment may effect the saw performance. The hammer control already has a solenoid for one way operation I would suggest stay with this for simplicity. contact the saw main dealer ask if the saw has its own relief valve as the 300 bars may be a little to high. Not sure regarding the flow as the two posted informations conflict somewhat, be sure that both relate to your machine if we can help some more come back.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Providing the hydraulic schematic is correct the Deutz engine at 2000r.p.m. coupled to the Rexwroth A10V071 pump will produce in the order of 140Lts. hope that helps.
Kind regards
Uffex