1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Wheel-dozers

Discussion in 'Other Earthmoving Equipment' started by Bellboy, Dec 3, 2008.

1. BigIron25

BigIron25 Well-Known Member

haha that post was in reference to the tiger 690D

2. footloose1952

footloose1952 Member

Does any one have photos of any Bell Bros equipment who operated in Western Australia until the mid 70's. I worked as a Grease Monkey and had great joy in driving a lot of the machines into and out of the workshop, they had two large Hough Wheel Dozers, a large fleet of Cat and IH Scrapers of all sizes, soil compresion machines, and I actually operated a Large Knuckle type machine that had two large spiked rollers and joined in the middle like a universal joint, One engine at either end. All machines were painted Red & White, and the reason I want to see photos now, is I want to repaint a couple of diecast models to replicate them. My memory as to how they were exactly painted, is somewhat vague now..
    Thanks Peter from WA

3. Clawed Backster

Clawed Backster Senior Member

I have a couple of pics, and a video of my old Michigan wheel dozer in action in the "old iron" section of this site.

4. Bellboy

Bellboy COPPA

Student
    Haven't been here in a while, but during my absense I ran a Cat 814B (During school holidays). its a really spiffy piece of equipment, for its age.

5. saleh m.alyahya

saleh m.alyahya New Member

what engine is this unit equipped with?

6. Aussie John

Aussie John Well-Known Member

Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
    I have worked at a couple of hard-rock minesites where we were for-ever replacing blade skid plates and cutting edges on our Cat 825 dozers. These were used for clean-up on the haulroads and around the shovels. To solve this and to save money on GET, we removed the sole plates and fitted a couple of D9N double flange rollers to carry the blade. These gave a great life and saved a lot of heart-ache in the shop. If anyone wants more info, let me know. Probably not as effective on larger RT dozers such as 854s though due to the heavier blade or on coal stockplies withloose material but worked a treat for us. Even modified new machines before they went to work.

Regards,
    John

7. Harry

Harry Well-Known Member

Oh ya the old michigan at the AV cell mill. Did some millwriting at that mill.

8. RDG

RDG Senior Member

Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
    Thats a cool idea using D9 rollers, bit of OZ/KIWI ingenuity in there somewhere.

9. Madmark73

Madmark73 Well-Known Member

In the mining industry.
    New 854 in 2006

Attached Files:

10. shellabear

shellabear New Member

hi footloose i was also a grease monkey at bell bros in those good old days 1976 to 1989 with all the old machines. did you get the paint scheme? give us an email if you like.

11. 1-5-3-6-2-4

1-5-3-6-2-4 Member

Heavy equipment technician
    We've got 4 Cat 854 Tiger RTD on site. They are strictly mobile clean up. the oldest one has 88,000 hours.

12. lpnt65

lpnt65 Well-Known Member

Retired
    TEREX 300 Original post was by Dug Overburden 2009 I know this is a late addition to your post ,however i did see one at a show in Queensland Australia being demonstrated, it made lotsa noise but didn't shift much dirt.General comment was it was pretty color,However having made that comment I consider it was demonstrated in incorrect site, i am sure if it had been working on a tiphead may have been another story , A Michigan Would have eaten it before breakfast in any situation, only it would not have been that pretty Green

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  13. herve70

herve70 New Member

plans or manuels paydozer d500

Hello
    I'm looking plans or manuals hough paydozer of 500 like it
    this to make a model
    Thank you

14. RayF

RayF Senior Member

lineborer/welder
    Back in the days of G Martinich.:D