• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's wrong with this Hyundai Robex

John_8791

Occupation
Electrician and Farming
Hyundai Robex 160-lc7. Machine is for sale and they say that it has very little power to the tracks but it will move. They think it is a main pump but it has not been diagnosed. I am capable of putting a pump on it but I am wanting to figure out how likely it is that is what is wrong and how likely is it that the system is contaminated? I have a farm I am wanting to clear trees with the machine. Also is this a machine that i have a reasonable chance of being able to buy parts for? Thanks. I have enjoyed reading here. Many sharp folks sharing their knowledge.

Per Eriksson

Only tracks weak but the boom, stick, bucket and swing strong?
In that case I'd pull the swivel and reseal it, usually an easy job with part for a maybe a couple of 100 dollars .

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day John
Those pumps should last about 10000 hrs. excluding disasters, i would suggest you check the pressures and time the cylinders this will give you a good idea of pump pressure and flow, look carefully at the relief and pump adjusters see if there is and witness marks of tampering. If you would like specific instructions we can make those for you, inspecting a machine and taking your time is a very good way to become familiar with all the stuff that makes it work. You can download an protocol explains what to look for - go excatech.org - Library - sale or purchase - visual inspection protoco - you can print a hard copy if you wish.
Kind regards
Uffex

John_8791

Occupation
Electrician and Farming
No offense.! lantraxco. What machine do you recommend? Farm machine. I'll run a couple hundred hours this year and less in the future.

lantraxco

I'd suggest something with local dealer support.
This. Actually if you have a good Hyundai (Or is that one Doosan now?) dealer locally, ask them about it. I would look for the big names CAT, DEERE, Komatsu, Link-Belt, Kobelco, Volvo, Hitachi. You'll maybe get an older machine with more hours on it for the same price, but parts and service support are gold even for an occasional use machine. Sadly none of them really are excellent for support anymore past a few years of age, and electronics seem to be the hardest to deal with when something goes South and it's obsolete.

John_8791

Occupation
Electrician and Farming
Would i be better off with a 90's model machine? Is there a certain year that is pre emissions? There's a cat m316 c wheeled unit not to far away from me. There is also a 2016 John Deere 350G LC auctioning off Tuesday.

John_8791

Occupation
Electrician and Farming
There is a company called topbid that apparently takes the serial number and gives you sale info? Is there a better source of value than just googling auction results? I just want to be able to sell it when i am done and not lose to much

Welder Dave

First thing you need to do is figure out what type and size of machine will best suit your purpose. If clearing tree's and brush you don't want rubber tires. I highly doubt you need a 350 size excavator that weighs 80,000lbs. and will cost $150,000+.