• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats The Difference ?

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
A sintered filter is made by fusing metal powder together and can not be cleaned like a screen type filter. Sintered metal achives a much finer "mesh" than you could with a wire screen.

mitch504

I agree a sintered metal filter is much finer, but they can be cleaned. The owner's manual to my 1977 international says to wash the sintered filter on the Hydro-vac brake booster in solvent, then water, then blow dry; once a year.

It is common to see a hd transmission where the range shift cylinder shifts slowly, or not at all. There is a sintered brass filter on the air pressure regulator on the rear of the transmission. I usually wash it with brake cleaner or carb cleaner and blow backwards through it a few times, then rinse it.

Autocar

Thanks I gave up on the project again today and took it off the truck , I put another five hundred bucks taking it to a shop with know better results. Here a while back I had asked some questions about a Teleflex High Idel Govenor it idels up about 650 to 1350 rpm but as soon as you load the system it drops back to 500rpm. I told the shop I wanted it set at 1200 but the first time it went to 650 then later it went to 1350 but drops under load. It has a rebuild kit in it , Ive had enough of it for a while !