• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Whats the best cheapest tractor?

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Well, we all know that a John deere is the best tractor ever, but what is the best cheapest tractor? Landini, Mccormick, Foton, what is it? Get your ideas flowing, and tell me all about your trials, tribulations or thoughts on the cheaper tractors, including the best quality from China! (Only Joking bout the Chinese quality part, but not the rest!)

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
I did not know John Deere was the best tractor ever. Can you elaborate on that ?

Its not, every tractor has its advantages and disadvantages, some cost more then others, some have better dealer support, etc.

bellboy- what size class are we talking, and what are the main uses for the tractor. FYI deers dont come cheap so forget about that

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
Kioti or Mahindra are probably the two best "off brand" tractors. I have a Kioti DK45, 45hp, shuttle shift, with loader. It was $8,000 less than an MF or JD, and thus far has been flawless.

I use it to mow, load manure, run the spreader, box blade, forks, bale hay, etc. It is a great tractor, easy to run, and very operator friendly. My wife even loves to run it, and sometimes we fight for it.

If I remember right, the new Bobcat tractors are made by Kioti.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Its not, every tractor has its advantages and disadvantages, some cost more then others, some have better dealer support, etc.

bellboy- what size class are we talking, and what are the main uses for the tractor. FYI deers dont come cheap so forget about that

Oh, I know, but size, orchard to 100 kw.

Legdoc, I bleed green, and I was just jesting.

bentwrench

If you want to here the good & bad about all the "new brands" of tractors you should check out www.tractorbynet.com be sure and scroll down in the forum listings to where there are forums for each brand. Pretty interesting testimonials both good and bad.

skyhightree1

Occupation
Business Owner
Well, we all know that a John deere is the best tractor ever, but what is the best cheapest tractor? Landini, Mccormick, Foton, what is it? Get your ideas flowing, and tell me all about your trials, tribulations or thoughts on the cheaper tractors, including the best quality from China! (Only Joking bout the Chinese quality part, but not the rest!)

Old John Deere tractors were good but these new pieces of crap with yanmar motors in it don't impress me at all.... I have always been partial to Ford/ New Holland tractors then Massey fergs.... but I did just buy a Kioti tractor and I love it I got the dk40se model I love it and the major plus to me is the control on back to raise and lower the arms on the 3 point hitch from the back I hate having to jump on and off tractors to get a implement attached... I do have one complaint but its not Kioti's fault.. W.R LONG hasn't came out with a 4n1 bucket for it yet... theres my 2 cents

robtate

If you want to here the good & bad about all the "new brands" of tractors you should check out www.tractorbynet.com be sure and scroll down in the forum listings to where there are forums for each brand. Pretty interesting testimonials both good and bad.

Yes I agree that is a good site to check out the new brands of tractors. It is always important to shop around and read lots of reviews. Also it's a good idea if your looking for 'cheap' tractors to guage the value of new against used tractors. Many people are suprised just how long tractors can last and you could save yourself thousands of $'s by shopping around and considering investing in used tractors.