• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's the best and longest range Laser Distance Meter?

Disto in Lichtenstein were a company that innovated this technology. They were later bought out by Leice Geosystems of Switzerland but not so fast. Bosche and Hilti were private labeling the Disto until the rights on the technology were expired. They quickly found Chinese solutions to label with there prospective and popular names. IMO the best solution at the moment is the Lieca Sprinter 50 which gives distance and elevation. and records it into memory for USB download later. drawback? it needs to be on a tripod because of precise wire hung compensator and 300ft range only. Dont muck with the handheld toys , for a bit more you have so much more. And always remember who is the expert. I just want to give you guys the best advice. I truly am the the best person on the planet at the moment for this advice, and to prove it, it free advice.

joispoi

Disto in Lichtenstein were a company that innovated this technology. They were later bought out by Leice Geosystems of Switzerland but not so fast. Bosche and Hilti were private labeling the Disto until the rights on the technology were expired. They quickly found Chinese solutions to label with there prospective and popular names. IMO the best solution at the moment is the Lieca Sprinter 50 which gives distance and elevation. and records it into memory for USB download later. drawback? it needs to be on a tripod because of precise wire hung compensator and 300ft range only. Dont muck with the handheld toys , for a bit more you have so much more. And always remember who is the expert. I just want to give you guys the best advice. I truly am the the best person on the planet at the moment for this advice, and to prove it, it free advice.

What year did Hilti stop distributing the Disto made lasers? Is there a way to tell from the serial numbers?

What year did Hilti stop distributing the Disto made lasers? Is there a way to tell from the serial numbers?

I am thinking around 2004. Yes the serial number would reflect the exact information you are looking for.
Go here http://ptd.leica-geosystems.com/en/Feedback-Form_5620.htm and fill in the blanks.

Hilti also had lasers made by Topcon in Tokyo from about 1998 until 200?
And now all there lasers, survey instruments are made in China.
Check the label. Sometimes they will use something clever like made in PRC (peoples republic of China) Not (Pine ridge California):)