• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What type of trailer is this?

thebig450es

It is a tandem, and it has singles on both sides of the frame rails. what is the name for that. Its rated at 10 tons, and about 20 feet long.

Attachments

• PC50uu1-trailer.jpg
    PC50uu1-trailer.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 875

rigandig

that style axle set-up is known as a trunion style axle. In Australia, they would call that 2 rows of 8.

rigandig

It is different in numerous ways. It probably has a weight rating that would be greater than a conventional tandem for one thing. Higher weight rating will probably mean a beefier structure/frame, so you'll be toten more weight empty. If you're not located on the west coast, you won't get any more weight allowance than a conventional tandem. And they are a bit harder/costlier to maintain, ie; tires, brakes, brgs, etc. Not talking down on them, just you might want to consider those things, before ya take tha plunge.
If Chaz happens on this, he is much more qualified than I am to extoll the virtues of a trunion axle set-up:notworthy Just, messin with ya Chaz.:D You guys build some fine trailers.

thebig450es

I need to see what the tires are rated at. It looks like it would spread the weight out more than duals. My girl friends grandpa got me a pc50, and this is the trailer he uses to haul his equiment

thebig450es

he says he hauls his case 580's with this trailer and he has a case 780. It looks like the trailer could use new decking lol

JDOFMEMI

Looks like an Econoline Multi-Max trailer to me. They make pretty good trailers. I have 2, but none with this set up. They do it to keep the deck lower, but still get 4 tires per axle. The beam between the axles is just the equaliser, but is longer due to the spread axle design.

Here is a link to show the suspension on their website. http://www.econolinetrailers.com/Multi-Max-Trailers.asp

Serv

Those look like mobile home style tires and wheels. I'm guessing they are 14.5" diameter wheels. They can handle quite a bit of weight and are easy to come by at or around your nearest trailer park. :D

kthompson

Those look like mobile home style tires and wheels. I'm guessing they are 14.5" diameter wheels. They can handle quite a bit of weight and are easy to come by at or around your nearest trailer park. :D

That was the case here until the last few years. Now they pull the wheels off when they set them up. No idea why.

tsteel

trail king used to make a trailer like that. the neighbor had one to haul his dozer on.

thebig450es

I can't find a model number or manf. id anywhere on the trailer, the tires are load range F and rated at 2800 at (8) tires.