• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What to do with used rubber tracks?

texascadillac42

What are you guys doing with the old/used rubber tracks you are taking off your machines? Throwing them in the dumpster, selling them, etc? Thanks for the help.

akroadrunner

Occupation
Gravel Pit/ Trucking/Owner
Seems like they would be good for planter rings, or other landscaping projects. How about cutting them so you can lay them flat on your trailer for traction mats. Just drill and bolt them down. Might protect the trailer bed nicely. Give them to a friend who goes 4 wheeling. He can use them to get unstuck if he cut them to lay under the tires.

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Be careful about using them as trailer decking, unless it never rains there. Gets awfully slippery when wet!

We use them for road crossings for tracked machines, or laying down on the shop floor so you can walk machines in without messing up your nice concrete. If you don't have any tracked machines offer them to someone who does. Otherwise take to a tire recycling place!

lgammon

i gave one to one off my 277 and he cut it, and now it is the side walk to the front of his trailer.....i love it. got keep guys like that around just to see the stuff they do. i think i have a pic somewhere. i will see if i can find it2010-07-04 16.49.49111111.jpg

dave esterns

oh ho!! you have a JCB Fastrac!!! How sweet!! I always wanted one of those!! How do you like it?? I would like to have the newer 8250. the one with the cvt and the more conventional tractor design.

QuickTrax

You guys have some good ideas. When we install new tracks onto a machine we try to send the old tracks back with the customer. If we can't get the customer to take them back we try to give them away for equipment crossing cement or asphalt roads.

HSV127

oh ho!! you have a JCB Fastrac!!! How sweet!! I always wanted one of those!! How do you like it?? I would like to have the newer 8250. the one with the cvt and the more conventional tractor design.

Hi dave,

We've had a few Fastracs over the years, they have been good tractors especially the later model ones (2002 onwards), they suit our operation as we travel up to 300km to some jobs.

We bought the first 8250 to come to NZ a 2006 model which has the CVT and all the same running gear as the later ones, only it still uses the old style cab.

Here's a pic.

nov06 002.jpg

dave esterns

sweet ride...

i have imagined before that if you had a non cvt equipped fastrac, you would be constantly shifting when on the road.

do they still make both styles of 8250? i have seen nice used ones around here for 125000 us dollars. i suspect they are over 200000 new. the only concern i have with owning one is the implements not being able to hold up to the constant high speed both on road and in the field. it seems you are from europe where implements are designed for this.

Deereman

Thats some great ideas for the tracks guys. Interested to see what else ya'll come up with!!

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
What to do with old rubber tracks

I cut 4 pieces to use on the ramps and dovetail of the trailer to be able to load the D3. The lugs fit between the angle irons and the track grips the rubber quite well.

Attachments

• D3 Load 001 (Medium).jpg
    D3 Load 001 (Medium).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 4,367

brushmaster90

Occupation
independnt tractor operator
I personally have mine laying behind my shop, with a bunch of other useless junk.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Im with you brushmaster. I have 3 sets stacked up in the back. I keep thinkin im gona come up with sumthin good........

usco

i have several sets liying around have some ideas now dont know why i never thought of them for crossing

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
I have a set that broke off my 430 BC. I dug a trench & laid them on edge & made a half circle sand box for my son.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
Hope the neiborhood doesnt have any outdoor kats...... I can recall some 35+ years ago when I was a little guy finding burried nugget .