• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what size bucket for digging foundation footing for pc50

707pc50

Looking to buy a bucket for digging footings with our pc50. We curently have a 24", a 48" cleanout, and a ripper w/ auger hanger. Most foundations will be two story resedential. Will also use the bucket for trenching for burying lines. Most work is in coastal topsoil type of soils. Whats the best source of used buckets on the west coast nor cal/so or. I was quoted 750 for a new 12", sound fair? I was hoping to find one used but have come up dry so far.

buckfever

We use a 24" bucket here being that most footers are 18" to 22" wide. 750 for a bucket dosen't sound bad we paid 600 for a 12" bucket for our jd 50. Try pheonix equipment. They deliver all over the world and we have bought from them before. There yard is in our area and they have a good used bucket selection.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Looking to buy a bucket for digging footings with our pc50. We curently have a 24", a 48" cleanout, and a ripper w/ auger hanger. Most foundations will be two story resedential. Will also use the bucket for trenching for burying lines. Most work is in coastal topsoil type of soils. Whats the best source of used buckets on the west coast nor cal/so or. I was quoted 750 for a new 12", sound fair? I was hoping to find one used but have come up dry so far.

By me,trenched footings are going the way of the dinosaur which is a shame because I feel they are better bonded to the ground better than formed footings.Inspectors will tell you they don't know after their pre-pour inspection regarding trenched ones,whether or not some poor soil/muck oozed into the trench or not.Anyway,I digress--if you're allowed trenched by you,you already own the 24'' bucket which is a fairly typical width for a house footing.If you have to go formed footings,I'd go 36'' or larger for production if your rig can handle it.

heavylift

we have 14" for footings as most of our contractors put 2" of styrofoam on the building side

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You need to check your local codes and the specifications for the footings you will be digging as these can be different sizes. Since you are in California, does the area you work in have a seismic code to deal with as well? This could add also different sizes of footings depending on the code/specifications.