• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What part of the country is still using motor scrapers??

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
The reason I ask is because I have an old TS14B that is in perfect operating condition but cannot sell it locally because in the KC area not many are still using them,

So if I know what part of the country is still using them I will call around to dealers in that particular area to trade it off or put it on Craigslist in that area.

Pj,

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Many of the Western states and central/northern TX. I can't commit for East of the Miss. I worked with a hand full of companies in CA that ran TS14s, but with CARB I'm sure there are plenty sitting idle there.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
I saw 4 today on a church job site on hwy 45 about 5 miles south of WI border in Northern IL. There's a couple companies around here that has TS14's and I think TS24's one is called Ryan I'm not sure where they are based out of. I live in the Mundelein/Libertyville Area of IL

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

I know some are still using them in the Louisiana area. You might try there.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
There are still a lot of motor scrapers around here.

Ryan Central had around 400 TS-18's and TS-24's at one time.

The Terex's don't go much, if hardly anything around here.

powerjoke

Occupation
Great thanks guys, ive posted it in the CL in those two areas.

Pj

cummins05

Maybe try listing it on Iron planet Maybe some over seas buyer will see it and it will be taken off your hand's

cummins05

Aussie Leeroy has a wanted add for a Ts14 here on the forum I pm'd him the link to this add hope you sell.

bonechip

Occupation
operating Eng Peed Equipment
Park them in a field close to a major Highway, put a sign out front, that say's antique show 5 dollars, lol lol:drinkup:drinkup

Dualie

iron is a hard sell in this economy. I wouldnt blame it on location as much as timing.

D&GExcavating

Here is one of our TS-14Bs that we sold. Working on a pad for a fertilizer plant and got a little too close to the edge.

Attachments

• n514279687_85267_7955.jpg
    n514279687_85267_7955.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,864
  • n514279687_85268_8217.jpg
    n514279687_85268_8217.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,731

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That's a shame nobody is interested, TS14s are tough little beasts. throw some grease at them and they will run almost forever.

powerjoke

Occupation
It got traded and sold to a guy up in North Dakota...... Infant I still haven't went and picked up everything I traded for yet lol.......anyone need a vibratory sheep foot around the bowman ND area ?

Andrew_D

Most of the construction guys around here are running CATs, but a few green monsters are still running around on job sites. Another spot to unload older scrapers is in farm country. Might not work too good for the guys that are trying to laser-level fields, but up here in pot-hole country, they work fine for ditching!

Andrew