• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what loader would be best

30 dirty years

Occupation
Jak of all trades
I don't know what was wrong the thing it ran great and would spin the tires going into the pile , just never could fill the bucket :-( never had a problem with the track loaders.

daugherty102

Occupation
Equipment operator
i'd have to say go with and old cat 950 J model. we have a 1975 950 that runs like no other the only problem we've had with it is that it has to be plugged in in temps lower than 30 degrees and it doesn't have pilot controls for hydraulics so they take a little effort to run but the good thing is they don't move when u bump them with your pinky. it's got enough power to pick up and move a powerscreen screen machine with little effort. the loader loads up to 15 loads a day to and doesn't use hardly any fuel which in this day and age is a plus.

john1066

We used to have one of those 950's for a yard loader. I loved that thing we had a quick coupler forks and side dump bucket. it started on the coldest days could pick up any of the trench boxes we needed with it. Wish we never got rid of it. now we have a 938G for a yard loader same way with quick coupler bucket and side dump and it can't get out of its own way when driving anywhere and can't pick up half the boxes in the yard

Copenhagen

I have to second the Michigan loaders. I ran one for a year on a wood grinding job. It had 16,000 hrs on it when we took it to auction.

millwrightguy

My dad has had a 920 cat for prob.25 years, it just won't stop going. That thing has paid for itself thousands of times over.

Vahighwayman

Occupation
Injury Retired from Virginia D.O.T. Equipment Oper
At my buddy's sand & gravel pit, we used a Komatsu 250 and a 380, along with a Deere 644G and a 744H and had no problems with either

GEORGES

Occupation
USED GOLF MOWERS
I THINK FOR YEARS 70'S 80'S A BIG ONE WAS THE IH 90E WITH V8 TURBOCHARGED ENGINE DVT-573 IT'S REALLY A PUSHER FOR HIS CATEGORY:Banghead

jakesdad

I think 645 or 745 allis good machines cheap to buy . But make sure you check the brakes out good first . I have been looking for one 3 out 5 I checked out the brakes needed repairs.

Deereboy

We owned a lot of loaders. Some are being talked about here.I feel that a small contractor or private operator that wants a trouble free loader should look at something like a John Deere 544 in a B modle.No air brakes means less trouble. Deere engines will pile the hours on and last if the oil is changed at 250hrs. Hydraulics are quick. We have had these from new back in the mid 70's, and still have them. Also have a old A modle in a 644. We always had trouble with air brakes up here.Master cylinders, wheel cylinders ect.These older Deere's hold good value and parts are available used as many Deere skidders used the same components.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I've got an older IT28F I need to "phase" out if youre interested, it's been a good one for us.

Pj

Attachments

• 20090811_132.jpg
    20090811_132.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 592

nikirao

Banned
Occupation
sales manager
how about a cat 926,936 wheel loader

Dear Friend, after getting your news, i know what you want, now we have many cat 926, 936 wheel loaders in stock, and we want to finish this year's achievement, we sell these machines with lowest price.

welcome to inquiry on our machines, more detailed information, please refer to www.mc568.com

You also can contact me by email:raolela@gmail.com or skype:lela.rao:)

deer3245

Occupation
construction
Does anyone know of what the smallest size wheel loader I need to be able to lift 10000 lbs with forks. I need to be able to unload 40 foot shipping containers. Yes I know a forklift would be ebst, but it would not get used enough to justify. Any suggestions?

swampdog

"Safest size" might be more important than "smallest size." A three yard loader (like a Cat 950) might lift it, but you would not have much margin for error. With an eight foot deep shipping container, the center of gravity also will move further from the loader arms than with a bucket. I might look for something like a Cat 966 size machine. Even bigger might be necessary. You also may have to add additional counterweights at the rear of the machine.