• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What laser do I need?

Pete1468

I'm wanting to get something for just building pads, nothing else. I do this as a part time job that it's to hard to get another person to hold the laser level reading rod for me anymore. I just bought an old spectra control system for my scraper tractor and am going to put that on there but I need to buy a valve and a laser base unit as I would call it. I have a Spectra LL 100 now and it's been easy enough to use but I'm sure that it won't work for what I need now. I've heard that you need to buy a higher rpm base unit so it reacts quick enough. Any help is appreciated.

Pete1468

The salesman says I can get by with a laser level, model LL300N or a LL300S. I do kind of like the idea of doing a final cut on a waterway with slope figured in.

Clguest

The salesman says I can get by with a laser level, model LL300N or a LL300S. I do kind of like the idea of doing a final cut on a waterway with slope figured in.

What laser did you choose? Are you satisfied with it? Comments? Thanks.

Pete1468

I went with the 300 s but really haven't gotten to use it yet as the valve they sent me was machined wrong so my building pad I could only go by the lights in the cab and run it by hand.