• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What kind of tool is this?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Yep kind of like a crows foot socket on an extension. Had to check and to my surprise I actually was able to find the one I have in the first drawer I looked!
Here's a picture with another plumber wrench. That "Slip&lock nut wrench is basically a large adjustable end wrench for nuts used in places like toilet flush valves
plumber wrenches.JPG

Pony

Rather than start a new post, I'll resurrect this one.
Anyone know what this could have been used for?
Looks blacksmith made, first thought was a big lacing fid, but the step in front of the hole wouldn't pull through rope or whatever else you were pushing it through.
It actually does function as a plumb bob and hangs straight, but it looks to well made to be made that roughly as a plumb bob.
Old style implement pin for horse drawn vehicles?
For context, I'm cleaning out sheds on a family cattle property that has been in operation since the late 1800's. It could literally be for anything and who knows how old.
Over to you.

Attachments

• 20240319_165429.jpg
    20240319_165429.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240319_165337.jpg
    20240319_165337.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

Pony

Yeah, lacing fid is basically a big needle, and as I said it wouldn't pull through being the shape it is.
I didn't think it through further to a splicing fid, where it's just used to separate the rope stands.
But looking at pictures online, most of the splicing fids have a big rounded end on them so you can push comfortably with your palm, this thing of mine would be uncomfortable to use if that's what it is.

HRHNige

Hi all, new here. Found this in Jordan about 7 years ago used for clearing blown sand that seals off their "camp" which we stayed in a tent overnight but couldn't make anyone understand that I wanted to know what model Komatsu this is. Never seen any shovel where the whole boom1711049832692.jpeg1711049780676.jpeg assembly can push out for greater reach. Not met anyone that has seen one before still! It's about the same size as the FIAT-ALLIS 345 we used to run. 6 ton ish.1711049903814.jpeg1711049606823.jpeg