• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What kind of oil to use in AC 816 backhoe?

duramax-rob

Occupation
Retired bodyman
Hey all, I'm a new member and just bought an Allis Chalmers backhoe with the perkins diesel. I have ordered all the books for it and haven't recieved them yet. I want to do an oil Change first, Does anyone know what kind of engine oil to use in that perkins diesel? I'm assuming that it takes rotella 15-40. Is that the correct stuff. That is what my 01 chevy duramax uses.

Any help would be appreciated. I searched this forum and couldn't find what to use. Thanks

duramax-rob

Phil

Occupation
retired operator and mechanic
I think you are pretty safe with any oil rated for use in diesel engines. I can't remember the code. Lots of those engines used in farm tractors and many go with the 15-40 all year round, in warmer climates. Not sure about using a synthetic oil. Phil