• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what kind of connection is this bobcat e50

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Wain Roy is what it looks like to me. My suggestion is pull it off and use it as boat anchor.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The name of the coupler is called a Wain Roy. It is a quick coupler. I, perhaps inappropriately, expressed my thoughts on that particular coupler.

harry bareno

The name of the coupler is called a Wain Roy. It is a quick coupler. I, perhaps inappropriately, expressed my thoughts on that particular coupler.
what would be a better option on this....when buying a bucket how to explain what couplerr i have ?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
https://werk-brau.com/mechanical-quick-couplers/

Realize these are simply my opinions, and we all have them. The mechanical coupler I linked to, is well functioning, reasonably priced, adjustable pin grabber style coupler. I have this particular model on two excavators for years and thousands of hours. I like it, and WB can rebuild it if you like, although I have never had to do that. There are other styles and options better than the Wain Roy coupler you pictured. This is simply one other option. Ordering is simple with WB, tell them what your excavator is and they provide the coupler and the buckets if you like. I personally am also a fan of WB buckets, I like the dig profile on their bucket design and they are very durable. Again, a lot of different bucket oems out there, this is simple one of them.

suladas

Using it as a boat anchor is great, I absolutely hate my WR coupler. It came on my mini, and it's up to 4300 hours and I just don't really want to dump $10-15k on a new coupler and buckets. The reason it's so bad is they never stay tight, you shim them back to tight and it's not 20-30 hours it's loose again. I personally prefer a wedge coupler over anything else, but anything is better then WR.

harry bareno

Using it as a boat anchor is great, I absolutely hate my WR coupler. It came on my mini, and it's up to 4300 hours and I just don't really want to dump $10-15k on a new coupler and buckets. The reason it's so bad is they never stay tight, you shim them back to tight and it's not 20-30 hours it's loose again. I personally prefer a wedge coupler over anything else, but anything is better then WR.

why 10 to 15k.....

im new in 2 this ....only had bobcat and trucks...

what would be a good manual quick coupler?

suladas

why 10 to 15k.....

im new in 2 this ....only had bobcat and trucks...

what would be a good manual quick coupler?

Well I have 3 buckets, a ripper, and a pusher for my mini so it's a lot of attachments to buy, and unless you can find used they aren't cheap. I like the wedge style couplers, there's quite a few makers like WBM and CWS.

But it also depends how often you'll use the machine. If it won't see a lot of use, the odd welding every once in awhile it get you by and the coupler will be ok. Also depends how often you change buckets.

harry bareno

Well I have 3 buckets, a ripper, and a pusher for my mini so it's a lot of attachments to buy, and unless you can find used they aren't cheap. I like the wedge style couplers, there's quite a few makers like WBM and CWS.

But it also depends how often you'll use the machine. If it won't see a lot of use, the odd welding every once in awhile it get you by and the coupler will be ok. Also depends how often you change buckets.

it would be changing buckets and also the use of hammer so i think i would need to change this asap

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If you are changing often, I would for sure change, bite the bullet and make it how you want it. You will fight that coupler every step of the way. They are slow to change, cant stay tight so they end up with a lot of wear and get sloppy.

suladas

Yea if you're going to change a lot it's a good idea, and won't cost as much if you have to buy attachments either way. Don't take it the wrong way, you can get by with WR, lots of guys do i've been doing it for 5 years it's just not anywhere as good as the other systems.

harry bareno

Yea if you're going to change a lot it's a good idea, and won't cost as much if you have to buy attachments either way. Don't take it the wrong way, you can get by with WR, lots of guys do i've been doing it for 5 years it's just not anywhere as good as the other systems.

each brand needs to work with their own bucket?or are these universal?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If your buying new buckets it is fairly simple. Tell the bucket OEM what coupler you have on your machine and if it is a popular coupler they can match the bucket to your coupler. If Your talking pin grabber style couplers, the bucket OEM will want to know the size of pin the coupler takes, and the distance between the pins and the width of the coupler if they are not familiar with it. Sometimes it simply is easier when possible to buy the buckets from the same coupler OEM and sometimes you have no choice. I have a PSM hyd coupler and thumb on my CX160. I am locked into buying PSM buckets for the machine and that kinda sucks. I would never have picked that route but, like others said that's what the machine had when I bought it used.

Coastal

You don't have to throw out all your atrachments to change Couplers. You can relug anything to fit a new coupler. It will be a lot cheaper than buying all new buckets.