• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is this?

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
I hope this has to do with earth moving. I have been trying to figure out what this piece of metal is for a while. I figured someone on here would know what it is. Its been sitting there for a couple of decades.

jdm158.jpg

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
yea I would scrap it if I owned. But this company does not get rid of stuff, so it is staying.

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
Thanks, but what is a burn pit blower. What is it used for, why is it set up like this. Is like a blower to a brush pit burner.

cat345bl

Occupation
Trucking Industry
Thanks Everybody, it looks nothing like todays burners so thats what stumped me. I guess it is an early model.

ronnie

if its a burner it's not a mcpherson they are a bast@rd to set up if your new at it i'm gonna go with burner but would it be used on top of the ground or in a pit someone tell me if i'm wrong but the tway i was taught you kee pthe loading side of the pit(i've only loaded a pit with a dozer)higher than the side the burner is on to create a circle or tornado effect in the pit so as to get rid of the smoke quicker a fire marshal told me that 1 time