1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

What is this?

Discussion in 'Other Earthmoving Equipment' started by cat345bl, Aug 5, 2009.

1. cat345bl

cat345bl Well-Known Member

Trucking Industry
    I hope this has to do with earth moving. I have been trying to figure out what this piece of metal is for a while. I figured someone on here would know what it is. Its been sitting there for a couple of decades.

jdm158.jpg

2. tonka

tonka Senior Member

Equipment Operator
    scrap iron.............lol

3. cat345bl

Trucking Industry
    yea I would scrap it if I owned. But this company does not get rid of stuff, so it is staying.

4. spitzair

spitzair Senior Member

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
    Maybe a blower for a burn pit? Being how it's all rusty and the blowers on the back make me think it's been exposed to some heat at some point but just pure speculation...

5. flametamer

flametamer Well-Known Member

Biomed Tech, Towing
    I second that.

Dt

6. cat345bl

Trucking Industry
    Thanks, but what is a burn pit blower. What is it used for, why is it set up like this. Is like a blower to a brush pit burner.

7. Dozerboy

Dozerboy Senior Member

Operator
    Ya or that my guess as well:beatsme

8. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Yeah, push over the trees and burn the debris. Gets the fire going real nice.

9. cat345bl

Trucking Industry
    Thanks Everybody, it looks nothing like todays burners so thats what stumped me. I guess it is an early model.

10. ronnie

ronnie Well-Known Member

if its a burner it's not a mcpherson they are a bast@rd to set up if your new at it i'm gonna go with burner but would it be used on top of the ground or in a pit someone tell me if i'm wrong but the tway i was taught you kee pthe loading side of the pit(i've only loaded a pit with a dozer)higher than the side the burner is on to create a circle or tornado effect in the pit so as to get rid of the smoke quicker a fire marshal told me that 1 time

11. MikeL06

MikeL06 Member

Analyst
    I only seeing here a big scrap if iron.

12. poclainshovel

poclainshovel Banned

what company is this ??