• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is the most reliable air hammer?

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
The Snap On PH3050. It costs about 3 times as much as the IR, but holds up far better. It is shorter as well. I used the snot out of my air hammers when I worked in the shop; I would burn through the IR's in a year or so. It took awhile for me to finally suck up and pay out for the Snappy, but it was worth it.
If you are a "light" or average air hammer user the IR would be fine.

The Snap On PH3050. It costs about 3 times as much as the IR, but holds up far better. It is shorter as well. I used the snot out of my air hammers when I worked in the shop; I would burn through the IR's in a year or so. It took awhile for me to finally suck up and pay out for the Snappy, but it was worth it.
If you are a "light" or average air hammer user the IR would be fine.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if the snap on is worth the money. We don't use the air hammers too excessively so, I'm still considering ingersoll

barrelroll

Occupation
Mill Mechanic
I've got the snapon and love it. I use it working on a concrete pump a lot so it's covered in water and grit and never complains. Now that I have it I find all kinds of uses for it that I used to use a hammer and chisel or punch for. It's definitely taken some wear and tear off my body.

I think my rep has air hammers on sale right now, they go on sale pretty often. For some reason when I bought mine the yellow one was $50 less than the green one so I went with yellow. My coworker bought the big air hammer bit set in foam and got the air hammer thrown in for $50. Snappy air hammer bits are life time warranty which is awesome. Mine get destroyed beating on hardened concrete pump seats and my rep has no problem warrantying them out.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
We run the IR's for our .401 hammers, when one goes out order a new one.