• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Is Fluid Film?

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Some guys will do anything for a hat...

If you’re a fan, post a pic of Fluid Film in action and I’ll ship you out a Fluid Film T-Shirt or hat for free.

Here's a pic of me using Fluid Film to keep the racoons from getting into the birdfeeder. A spray every couple months or so does the trick.:thumbsup (Note the hatless user...:rolleyes: )
DSCN0950 (Small).JPG

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:eek: WHAT?!.....Some how I missed that little part. I will be taking a picture tomorrow. :drinkup

Dano50

Here's a pic of me using Fluid Film to keep the racoons from getting into the birdfeeder. A spray every couple months or so does the trick.:thumbsup (Note the hatless user...:rolleyes: )

I love it! Just PM me your shipping info and I'll get a hat right out. :drinkup

I love this stuff, I think I am addicted to it:wink2 . I carry a can in every truck, see any rust hit it, any thing sticking, spray it. :D This stuff really works great and to think our local farm supply store has carried it for years and I didn't know it until about 2 months ago. Wish I had known sooner about the hat thing, will post some pictures soon.:D

Dano50

This is what the hat looks like for those who are interested in putting up a photo of Fluid Film in action. Remember, it has to be a REGULAR sized can, not the sample cans we ship out for new members.

Fluid%20Film%20Cap.jpg

Shotgun

What is the best way to remove Fluid Film? How does it respond to welding?

I have some off road vehicle frames I'm welding up using oxy-acetelene. Takes a long time, and the rear gets some rust before I can get to the front. Need to use something that won't kill me if I burn it, and that can be easily removed when it is time to paint.

APM32

US Parts Stores

I'am really surprised you guys in the US haven't used fluid film. Its all I use and its all I have been using for years or longer than I can remember.

The parts store and building supply really doesn't carry any other lubricant besides WD-40 which does nothing.

The thing I like about the fluid film is it doesn't have a offensive smell. The second its a wax based oil. You spray it on and it does last for a decent amount of time. I use it on truck leaf springs etc or anywhere you need lubrication.

Many automotive parts stores are now stocking Fluid Film. Stop in your local NAPA, AutoZone or O'Reilly. It's likely they finally have the product in stock.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
I use it in my neck of the woods. Along with my equipment, I also run a charter service with a boat that has an inboard, which wonders off into the salt from time. www.riverfishingbc.com Before I take to boat into the salt, I spray the engine and trailer. Works awasome! Keeps the engine compartments corosion free.

trenchman

I use it on my ratcheting chain binders and it works AWESOME!! I have tried everything under the sun but everything I used would dry out and get sticky within a few days. FluidFilm does not dry out and it doesen't wash away while driving through the rain. I'm a FF user for life.

Mr plow

Occupation
Cabinetmaker
I brush or spray fluid film on prit ner everything in the shop. I use it as an under oiler for my trucks. Heck I have even used it as hand lotion in the winter for cracked skin. It's non toxic, won't harm paint. I have had steel in my shop for two years now that I coated with it and there isn't any signs of rust.
It's not cheap though, but well worth the money.
Martin

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I always buy it at john Deere dealer.........

Btw where is grandview ? He could contribute a little to the thread lol

Pj

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
We use Corexit vpcl on a lot of stuff here with good results but would love to try FF. Where can you get it in Alaska?

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
Cortech vpcl not Corexit! Damn automatic speller thingy!

Penciltucky bob

Signed up

Don't forget, if you haven't tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just shoot me a pm and I'll get a sample can right over to you.

There is no cost and no obligation. :usa

Just come across this site today looking for info on the fluid film. Never heard of it. But, did have my truck sprayed with it as it was recommended.

How is it I can get that sample? Just registered an account here
Thanks for your time,
Bob