• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What is a GM Euclid C-6 worth?

iBlitz

I have a real old Dozer that says GM on it, pretty sure it is a twin engine supercharged GM. The mechanic just charged me $2,200+ for my Backhoe and said that with a few hundred dollars he could probably get it running.

He also said " a few hundred dollars " with my backhoe and that ended up being $2,200+ lol. Trying to see if its worth messing around with or just junk it

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Well, that would be a Terex or a Euclid and will have a GM diesel in it. The C6 I ran had a cable operated blade. I remember it would push dirt, but you had to run it fast and push a little dirt each pass. The Cat D7 we ran next to it, would push a lot of dirt, but it would push slow. At the end of the day, the Cat always won it seemed. I don't know if it would be worth fixing that machine or not. Depends on how much you will use it, and if it is supposed to be an everyday machine or not. If you are just going to use it around a farm now and then, and if it does not need a lot of work, it might be worth spending a little money on it.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The machine is worth what it weighs. The cost to get it running is a black hole for your bank account, especially if you pay someone else to do the work.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
The C6 was not a twin engine machine. I just noticed the mention of twin engine above.

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
If it has two engines, it is not a C-6. The twin model if I recall was old when I was young and I am 68 yr old. The 12 model was about the same weight as a D9 of that era. I suppose if it does not cost too much, shows signs it will run OK, and you have a need for it, it would work out for you.

iBlitz

Hey just got home, thank you for the replies! I figured it was scrap metal at best lol. It has not ran in who knows how long, the mechanic swears up and down it will run, but.. I don't know..

I'll take a couple pictures for you really quick since you all were so quick to respond!

Thanks

Jonas302

Firstly your mechanic is probably a great guy but is overly optimistic its going to take $300 in batterys to get it cranking unless you happen to have some extras means we don't know your setup I wouldnt be surprised if it started but running is a long ways from working
Do you need an old dozer might be worth spending a bit on if you can get some use out of it before you got that far though need to try to decipher why its parked any history on it trans bad, finals blown, undercarriage so worn it will fall off in ten feet

Oh still want some pics though(;

Welder Dave

The biggest question is if it a twin engine Euclid TC12 or newer Terex 8280. If it is some people would be drooling to have it! If your mechanic could get it operating for $3000 (not just the engines running) you'd have a very unique and fairly rare piece of history. Any other Euclid or Terex is just another old dozer.

iBlitz

Good morning. Ok so it must be a TC-12, I will get pictures shortly after work. I don't think it is a Terex. It still has its factory yellow so I'm assuming it is a Euclid?

I do know it is a twin engine so it can not be the C-6, my apologies with the pictures, I just have to upload them and do not have time currently. Thanks for all the help

And yes you are correct, my mechanic is a real nice guy, but his " couple hundred dollar maintenance " guesstimate for my backhoe turned into $2,200+ lol. None the less great guy, but once he starts cracking things open he makes sure not to cheat me in labor.. " While I got this out I might as well get you this " and so on and so on lol. I'm sure you all know how it goes

iBlitz

If it has two engines, it is not a C-6. The twin model if I recall was old when I was young and I am 68 yr old. The 12 model was about the same weight as a D9 of that era. I suppose if it does not cost too much, shows signs it will run OK, and you have a need for it, it would work out for you.

Again I will get pictures, but 100% sure it is the twin engine so it has to be a TC-12 or something of the sort. I would most definitely make use of the dozer, but at this point I am on a mission for an excavator. I am trying to figure out prices for this and my Ford 655D with an " Extend A Hoe ". Who knows if this dozer runs though or where to get parts even lol

iBlitz

100% sure it is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT the twin engine, my Mechanic laughed at me. He said if it was the TC-12 he would give me his $15,000 boat.

He was telling me how awesome it would have been *IF* it was a " twin engine ". Long story short it is a Tractomotive Corporation Tracto Shovel Model TS-5. I just tried googling it with no info, but good thing I have the means to take it to the scrap yard lol

Delmer

Scrap is cheap right now, I'd bet you'll be better off selling it as is, or at least trying to sell it to somebody who wants to tinker with it.

If you let your guy loose on it, you already know there's no limit. Getting the engine going is the easy part, lots more that went wrong to leave it sitting. Do you have any history on the machine? Senile old farmer bought it new to drive around the yard, and then parked it in the top of his barn for 50 years? :D

Welder Dave

I'm 100% sure that any equipment you look at should be fully inspected by someone who knows what they are looking at. You got all our hopes up it was a TC12 and it's just an old AC. Darn. LoL

iBlitz

lol! Terrible.. Initially I had no idea what a C-6 even was, all the information I had to work off was " I think it is a C-6 " and I also heard " twin engine blah blah ". I was confused my mistake. The guy was just saying how great it would be IF it was a twin engine. I am working overtime so it was miscommunication.

What do you guys think its worth? Let's say I want to deliver it to my mechanics garage ( the same guy telling me he can get it started for a few hundred ).. What do I tell him? Should I just tell him he can have it and if it works out for him he can give me some labor on future shop work? Or is there a going rate for a dozer with its tracks buried 2-3 inches in the ground

iBlitz

I give him credit though LOL! He never let me down, but golly is he confident.. This thing is buried 2-3 inches in the ground, paint flaking from everywhere, looks like it is out of the movie Mad Max and this guy looks me dead in the eye telling me he is getting'er done and it will VERY LIKELY run.. my gosh ahaha