• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what happened to welding web forum?? any members here too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbytime

for the last few days I have tried to log on to the welding web forum and keep getting messages"
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /search.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at weldingweb.com Port 80"

anyone know what happened to the websight? I figured I would post this here as not knowing a better place to ask..

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As with most if had not been updated to a higher windows level or the sponsor base site they just seem to die.

Hobbytime

the sight was up and running about 4 or 5 days ago, the first message was they were" doing maintenance" then the next day the forbidden message..I wonder if they got hacked..

td15c

I was wondering the same thing. Sure hope it's not gone for good. It's a good site

AllDodge

I think the forbidden shows up when the site is taken off line. Similar thing has happened when iboats forum was taken down. Sometimes I would see "doing maintenance" other time forbidden" Might just have something to do with who was hosting and what was available

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
the sight was up and running about 4 or 5 days ago, the first message was they were" doing maintenance" then the next day the forbidden message..I wonder if they got hacked..
They sure have had some issues in the last two years, remember when we were doing new passwords every other day?

Hobbytime

They sure have had some issues in the last two years, remember when we were doing new passwords every other day?
yes they lost alot of members then with that fiasco...and then issues running on mobile devices..hopefully it comes back up...

Roustabout9

I watch that site for entertainment. Before it went down, there was some bickering between members. A member moto-something was being badgered by a JohnT. It went sour when johnt insulted moto and his dad in moto's thread. The site was starting to lose its usefulness.

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
I've been emailing with one of the mods there. He nor anyone else at the bottom of the ladder know what's happening.
Mike

Hobbytime

ok I called penton media in new york, and asked about why welding web went down and they stated 8 of their servers went down, they didnt elaborate if they were hacked, but they stated the welding web was not gone but they are in the process or restoring the servers but gave no time frame for it to be back online, I guess that better than saying they took it down on purpose..
Penton Media, Inc., an information services company, provides tools and information that help business professionals to do their jobs better. The company offers workflow decision tools, business-critical content, data transforming, networking, marketing, and online learning. It also provides AC-U-KWIK, a flight-planning tablet and smartphone application for business aviation pilots; SourceESB, a data tool that provides distributor information; and NEXT Trend, a business intelligence solution that offers pre-shelf product trend data, predictive consumer segmentation, and a concept testing lab for consumer packaged goods companies, retailers, suppliers, and investment firms. In addition, the c...

Detailed Description
1166 Avenue of the Americas

10th Floor

New York, NY 10036

United States

Founded in 1886

Phone:

212-204-4200

Fax:

216-931-9492

www.penton.com

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I watch that site for entertainment. Before it went down, there was some bickering between members. A member moto-something was being badgered by a JohnT. It went sour when johnt insulted moto and his dad in moto's thread. The site was starting to lose its usefulness.
I was watching that one too, Motolife13 is a happy go lucky kid that's trying to learn and get ahead in life. John T is an overbearing OCD a@@ with a nice neat hobby shop. I would love to drag him out into the poof dirt on a steep hillside trying to line up 18" pipe and show him the real world of welding.

OMB

All sites have that sparing going on, with WW it is limited to a couple of threads and it will die out after the posters trade a couple of shots. The mods there have tossed a few bad apples and sidelined more for 1-4 weeks to let them cool down. There have been times a mod or member will call out bad behavior, the offender will come back and explain he had a bad day, then apologize... life goes on. If that crap gets to you simply block the posters that don't deserve your attention. IMO WW is one of the best run sites out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.