1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

What happened to the D7E electric drive?

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Puffie40, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Puffie40

Puffie40 Well-Known Member

I was looking at Caterpillar's website, and noticed they don't list their electric drive D7. What happened?

2. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I don't know of one that was ever sold in the Northwest.

3. big ben

big ben Senior Member

They went back to a regular high drive D7. Now you can get the D6 XE (same idea as the D7E). No idea why other than the D6 (replaced the D6T) is a much more popular dozer than a D7 so they probably will have a much larger potential customer base for that size dozer. And you can get the D6 as a regular dozer or XE so customers can now choose.

4. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Ted Steven’s Anchorage International Airport has one. I got to sit in on the class that NC Machinery did for the DOT maintenance crew.

5. .RC.

.RC. Senior Member

I thought the D7E was really for the government/municipal and large companies looking to get "green" brownie points with the public.

6. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Yes, pretty much so.

7. Puffie40

Puffie40 Well-Known Member

I guess the D7E was a little too alien looking, having gone to a flat track and single blade cyilinder.

I dunno, I guess I just liked the looks of it.