• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What engine is this? Olympian genset.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Don't forget.. your gonna need a "puller" to get the gear off the pump drive..
You might wanna go look at the front of the pump before u start making plans..
The gear has 2 threaded holes in it for "a puller"..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Its made to be serviced w/o removing the rad.. "IF" u have the proper puller.
I doubt seriously, a steering wheel puller will fit.. & "that's" what most people think of when u say "puller"..
Have u asked around to find out WHY that engine has sat around for so long?? Bad bearings, low compression??

Steve Bowman

Occupation
Maintenance
Bad gasket on t-stat housing. Couldn't keep coolant in it. It's a residential stand by genset, so not really high priority for the owner.

Regarding the puller, i have several different ones - 2 jaw, 3 jaw, flat bar, etc, including some that i have made for other things. Will see what it takes.

Steve Bowman

Occupation
Maintenance
Well, I am able to report good news.

In the absence of a matching plug. I was able to remove the shut-off solenoid and then removing the plunger and spring from it, and reinstalling the solenoid, I was able to to completely fill the injection pump with the primer pump.

I then was able to start cranking the engine to purge the fuel lines to the injectors. And then just a small shot of ether got the engine running.

The mechanical shut off functioned as it should. It appears that the shut-off solenoid is weak somehow. Will order a replacement.

Thanks again for the help.