• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What engine do you prefer.

Hendrik

]
Um.....I don't know if that is likely to happen?
So they finally caught up with ya:D
Seriously if some government agency told me I have to spend up big to modify my truck to meet new emission rules but is willing to give me money towards complying, I would be straight down there to fill out the paperwork.
This is not welfare or a hand out but sharing the cost of trying to clean up the air.
The worrying thing is that governments have a habit of learning from one another, one of them brings in some crappy law, the citizens don't revolt and other governments follow suit.
I am thinking this upgrade scheme is going to mean older trucks will be pretty much worthless, spose they'll go over the border somewhere.
What about historic trucks? Will there be exemptions?
Lastly how will you cool down the turbo when you are picking up the kids from school?

rabia

Banned
I prefer Dodge engine as its displacement is large enough and its sub systems can bear high temperature.

coalroller

Occupation
heavy haul
im running the c15 cat right now it has 625 hp coupled with a eaton fuller 8LL or 18spd stuffed in a tri axel pete for heavy haul. in my opinion the twin turbo design is a waste of engineering they do better with bigger singel turbo more like the 3406. the other thing is peterbuilt fell short when they tried to keep that thing bolted up under the hood motor mounts are always backing out turbos nuts backing off. but it does pull alot of weight gross usually around 180'000 lbs