• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What don't you like?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
This is kind of a tag along to Ron G's thread, "What do you like to run?" Let us know what equipment you prefer not to run and why.

The job I least liked was running a vibratory roller compacting road base. We were building a road for a subdivision and I had to run a tricycle style roller, with a big drum up front and two rubber tires in the back.

I think it was a Rayco if I remember right, bright green. It had a 3/71 Detroit that had to run at full throttle. Between the drone of the engine and the heat of the day, it was tough to stay awake on the machine!

I think that was the most boring job I remember.:rolleyes:

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
rollers suck..

any scrapper besides a 27-37 and its gotta be a f or newer wont run anything older.. or smaller wont beat my self for no one

payton

killdozer

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I,ve got two worst machines. Number one is a vermeer saw; just too darn much dust. Number two is one of the old Galion three wheeled rollers. Some steered with a lever, some with a wheel, and all of them screamed at you with those Detroit diesels. Most of them had leaky exhausts which blew back at you and put tears in your eyes and choked up your throat. I won't run either one of them anymore.

bigNATE®

Charter Member
well I am a big guy and I hate the smaller skid steers, anything smaller then a 773 bobcat for example. I'll also agree about the Galion roller, the one I used had 2 sticks... 1 for forward reverse and one to turn the front wheel. atleast it did a good job of rolling my yard smooth:D