• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What does everyone think of women getting into wrenching on heavy equipment?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I see a Nurse Practioner(Gal), she is more strict than ANY male Doc I have seen and Much Less forgiving of my lacking attitude. Her staff is all women, all MEAN women!! but they do take good care of a ornery old man!

Grandmother was always repeating, "Women are mean, Men are stupid(they keep coming back for more meanness), Men are Dogs"(Meaning Insatiably Horney). She meant every word of it and I believe her.

My mind immediately went here when I read your post:

Vetech63

Ive got a manlift boom to install wear pads in soon.......and I have a 13 year old grand daughter that I believe can fit inside the main boom to scrape the dried up grease. Better let her mom know Ill be calling soon.;)

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Ive got a manlift boom to install wear pads in soon.......and I have a 13 year old grand daughter that I believe can fit inside the main boom to scrape the dried up grease. Better let her mom know Ill be calling soon.;)
Anyone who has worked on this equipment for any time probably wishes they had a 13 year old grand daughter to reach that one bolt or hose.

Not sure if you should be telling her mom what the day with grand dad is about. Just tell her you want some "quality time" with your grand daughter.

td25c

I see a Nurse Practioner(Gal), she is more strict than ANY male Doc I have seen and Much Less forgiving of my lacking attitude. Her staff is all women, all MEAN women!! but they do take good care of a ornery old man!

Grandmother was always repeating, "Women are mean, Men are stupid(they keep coming back for more meanness), Men are Dogs"(Meaning Insatiably Horney). She meant every word of it and I believe her.

Same deal with me . Nurse Practitioner .

For the most part they do everything the old Doc would have .

td25c

I took my 1 year old son to the doc a few months back. Most of questions I had to answer were about why his mother didn't bring him and why I was alone.
Answer the question with a question in that situation .:)

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
To put a summary on all this, I don't care what gender, race, nationality, skin color, language, family type or size, age, color of hair, number of teeth, amount of working eyes, state of hearing, education degrees, political party you belong to, who your parents were, how tall, short, skinny or fat you are. If you show up on time, do the work assigned in a safe manner and try to ensure everybody else goes home at night intact and don't create a hostile environment with everybody else around you, then you can have the job.

sled dog

To put a summary on all this, I don't care what gender, race, nationality, skin color, language, family type or size, age, color of hair, number of teeth, amount of working eyes, state of hearing, education degrees, political party you belong to, who your parents were, how tall, short, skinny or fat you are. If you show up on time, do the work assigned in a safe manner and try to ensure everybody else goes home at night intact and don't create a hostile environment with everybody else around you, then you can have the job.
John, WELL SAID, Sir. Well said !!! Chuck

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If only people in certain places in this country could understand that, we would all be better off!

Not stated in the above but I also feel ones religion or the lack of one should not be a factor.

I know if I'm laying on the road bleeding from an accident cause by someone texting or just plan not paying attention to their driving I'm not going to be doing a survey to be sure someone coming to my aid looks or believes the things I do!