• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you think about this Dozer?

Oxbow

I didn't know Jeff Gordon was big down under! The stairs may become an issue, but I'd still be tickled PINK to run it.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Believe it or not the stairs are a factory-installed attachment......... no further comment.

I'm speechless! but have so many qustions
The powered access stairway and the railings around the fuel tank are both factory installed (optional) attachments. AFAIK both started as aftermarket mods by Australian mining companies which is from where most of the "safety" mods these days appear to emanate. The Shackle Draggers have a lot to answer for.

Oxbow

The stairs may become an issue, but I'd still be tickled PINK to run it.

Pehaps I need to clarify: The reason that I would like to operate this critter has nothing to do with the color, but rather because a 9T is the largest dozer that I have had the privelege of operating, and I would enjoy the experience of a 10 or 11 at some point. I could get past the pink were that opportunity to present itself.

mitch504

Shackle Draggers is mildly impolite slang for Australians, since it started as a penal colony.

Oxbow

Ah, I get it now, thanks Mitch! I had in my mind shackle like clevis, not handcuff type.

mitch504

Yeah, I once worked with a group of aussies, scots, irishmen, and south africans. Any time one of them got drunk and wanted to fight an aussie, "shackle dragger" would be heard among other things, there'd be busted lips, etc.; then the next day they'd all be great friends again. they were all crazy :beatsme

dabsfabs

I uses't to wind up an old foreman years back by asking him if he was returning to since of crime. Still works today if you want to get an Aussie to bite.

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
The powered access stairway and the railings around the fuel tank are both factory installed (optional) attachments. AFAIK both started as aftermarket mods by Australian mining companies which is from where most of the "safety" mods these days appear to emanate. The Shackle Draggers have a lot to answer for.

I agree to you Nige.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
I've seen haul trucks painted up like that in the Hunter Valley (Coal). Bill nailed it. Its for breast cancer awareness.:)