• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do bears run on?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Fish and game euthanized a big black bear here yesterday. Said he was 100 pounds over weight because he had been feeding out of people's garbage cans. He was used to people and had already been re-located before and was trap wary now.

Clawed Backster

Fish and game euthanized a big black bear here yesterday. Said he was 100 pounds over weight because he had been feeding out of people's garbage cans. He was used to people and had already been re-located before and was trap wary now.
Yeah, I figure that "my" bear is going to meet a similar fate. We keep all of our trash cans in the garage, except one which is strictly for cat litter and non food related trash. Well someone in the family put an empty soup can in the outside trash can, and that was all it took to attract ol' brer bear. The contents were scattered all over the driveway yesterday morning, and as I headed to work I saw all of the neighbors trash scattered down the county road because they had put them out for collection in the morning. I doubt that the bear will stop that now, and someone will probably kill him before long.

Clawed Backster

We have a sliding glass door from our bedroom to the outside, and this morning there is a nose smear at about my eye level on the outside of the door.
I'd hate to have ol' brer bear lean a little too hard on the door while we are sleeping.

skyking1

A carpenter I met used to breed Jack Russell Terriers. His stud dog was a killing machine, ~18 pounds of fence climbing fury. A loose cat was a dead cat.
One year a camp owner was so impressed that he took a whole litter up there for bear security. Apparently, a grizzly is well deterred by a yelling biting pack of 4 legged killer bees!
Screw that, I'm outta here!! He did not lose any dogs due to speed and pack teamwork. It was just not worth it for the bear.

Clawed Backster

What do bears run on? obviously the first bear was gas powered, second diesel powered, obviously one bear is experimenting with running on alternative fuels like waste oil, and the bear in Alaska was obviously an electric hybrid.:p:D
I think that first bear must be an International. He seemed to start on gas, then later switched over to diesel.