• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What can you do for a trashed dump bed?

Silveroddo

If you're loading a lot of rocks/concrete you can try adding ribbing like these guys I hired to haul some "landscaping" rocks. These are their "rock wagons" they made out of old worn out trailers. The angle iron takes any hits that would dent the heck out of the box (more), doesn't add very much weight and you can easily grind it off and replace it when it's kaput.

Trick is you don't weld the whole length, just run a bead every so often so you aren't gouging for 3 days trying to replace them.

YouTube - 345C L Loading Rocks

Is it just me or is it painful to watch how long its taking them to load?

The angle Iron thing isn't a bad idea, may have to try it
We have a 15.5' Beu Roc demo box that we have hauled alot of rock with. The old man doesn't load with nearly the finess those guys were, would make your cringe to watch. Anyway we added a loose layer of 3/8" "Cul Plate" the length of the box on the floor and double lined the sides, it was welded at the front end and loose all the way around. Like I said the old man is kinda hard on stuff, but looking at the floor of the box you would never guess its probably hauled a few hundred loads of rock. The tailgate on th other hand is a dead give away.