• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what bucket

jocko165

brand new here folks so i apologize in advance if i do something stupid. i recently purchased what i believe is a 1989 ford 555B backhoe. I want to get a 12" bucket for it but they are all a long way from where i am. do i have to use a bucket made for a ford or can i buy any bucket and use it? I know pin sizes vary from brand to brand but are the hole patterns on the buckets all centered the same?

1466IH

The spacing is different also if you can find a bucket close to you that is the right size you can always cut the old ears off and make new ones. If this isn't a machine that gets used daily you don't really need to machine the pin bores perfectly. I have used hole saws the correct size before for pins. It won't have as tight of a fit but I will still work here is what I use a lot
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/access...+accessories#/accessories/drilling/49-22-4185

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

diggerdave1958

Hey, jocko. Keep your eye on Ebay and check out local auctions never know what you will find and sometimes you can pickup used buckets pretty cheap at a auction. Good luck and keep us posted as to how it goes!!!!
Thanks, Diggerdave

Acivil

ebay, craigslist, then stick that bad boy on a uship truck just passing through for 50 bucks or something!

jocko165

diggerdave, i think i know every bucket in a 500 mile radius on ebay by heart. found one for a cat thats on my way home and priced ok but if it wont fit...

diggerdave1958

Hey, jacko165. There are a couple of small used equipment yards in my area that have a few used buckets and when I get a chance I will go and see what they have if I find something I will take a pic and post it here for you.
Thanks, Dave