• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What brand and year is this?

SoerenSand

Hi
I've been offered this skid steer but the seller is unable to tell me anything about the machine. Any of you who can give me some info?

The seller says its a VM 1052 but I can't find anything called that. It has a Deutz engine apparantly.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

crewchief888

i havent seen anything with an air cooled duetz since the 80's.

some engine parts (especially crankshafts) are getting hard to come by.

we had a customer with a broken crank on a FL411 or FL511 a couple years ago, that ended up scrapping the machine due to a crank not being available

:drinkup

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I notice a tag in the upper left hand corner of the 2nd photo. No manufacture or info on it?

lantraxco

There's a data plate right there above the crosstube over the rear door, can't read it in the pictures but there should be a big name on that.

lantraxco

LOL, OIH beat me to it again :tong

Good guess on hydra mac Desertwheeler, whatever it is it's old, no fenders for one thing.

durallymax

Duetz still makes air cooled engines as well as oil and water cooler engines. Used in many things.