1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

What Attachments Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by Steve Frazier, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

Lets see, on the Dingo K9-4 I have a 4in1 bucket, earth drill with 4 drills, leveling bar (homemade) and now a cement mixer (partly homemade).
    The Kub KX41-3V has 4 buckets, a rockhammer, ability to mount the dingo attachments (although I have not tried the leveling bar or mixer on it) and I made a mechanical thumb for it as well.
    The baby of the family Kobelco SK005 only has 3 buckets and a thumb.

2. TriHonu

TriHonu Well-Known Member

Bobcat 763

Bobcat 66 inch, low profile bucket
    Bobcat 66 inch, 4 in 1 Bucket, with teeth
    CAL Manufacturing 74 inch, 4 in 1 Bucket
    Bobcat Tilt-Tatch
    Bobcat 30 inch U-digger
    ATI 7 foot Landplane, with hydraulic scarifier
    Bobcat Grader, 6-way 7.5 foot moldboard
    Bobcat Soil Conditioner, 6 ft
    Bobcat Model 15 Auger Drive with 10 & 12 inch bits
    Bradco 609 Backhoe, 12 and 18 inch buckets
    Bradco 66 inch, Industrial Pan Grapple,
    Fisher 7 ft Snowplow (skidsteer mount)
    HGP 6 ft Snowblower attachment,
    Sweepster 60 inch Bucket Sweeper
    Virnig 48 and 63 inch Pallet Forks
    Loegering Tracks with rubber inserts
    Stanley 90 lb hand held Hydraulic Jackhammer
    Receiver Hitch Attachment

3. gmd1984

gmd1984 Member

my t-300 high flow
    fecon bull hog mower
    bardco forks
    root rake grapple
    4 in one 96'' bucket
    6 way 96'' blade
    8' york rake
    pick up broom
    log grapple
    newholand lx885
    bucket
    forks
    bradco back hoe

4. bill5362

bill5362 Senior Member

I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
    2 Bobcat T-300 High Flow
    1 Bobcat Toolcat

2 48" Pallet Forks
    1 Bobcat Model 30 auger drive 12", 18", and 36" Bits.
    1 Quick Attach 72 Land Plane
    1 Bobcat 8' Grader attachment
    1 FFC soil preperator
    1 Bobcat 60" scarifier attachment
    1 72" Sweepster attachment
    2 Heavy Duty 80" buckets with cutting edges
    1 Loftness G2 Carbide Cutter 61cchs
    1 72" Offset Disc

5. case9030b

case9030b Well-Known Member

Log grab
    Root/stick rake
    timber shears
    Buckets
    ripper
    skel bucket

6. Reel hip

Reel hip Well-Known Member

owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
    Got a bunch. Our 863,963 and S220 has melroe hoe's hydro hammer fits all the skids and T300. Got a breaker for the 443 but not the terex HR 20. Forks, clamshell bucket, broom, auger and just got rid of the chipper.I'm probably forgetting something

7. tjcoogan

tjcoogan Member

Hi
    i'm new to this forum so forgive me hijacking this thread to ask a question.

Is there a difference in operating outcomes between the Harley Power Rake and the Caterpillar Power Box Rake? (for skid steer & track loaders) I have looked at the specs for each and they seem to be almost the same product, from what I could gather anyway. Can anyone give me a comparison between the basics of the two products? Many thanks in advance.

tjcoogan

8. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    The outcome is very much the same. I am not sure who builds CATS power rake but it might even be built by Harley.

9. tjcoogan

tjcoogan Member

Thanks for the reply, my local Cat dealer says they supply some Cat rake parts to Harley owners so maybe you are right!

10. Gator Girls

Gator Girls Member

Making skid steer attachments
    Universal Attachment

One thing I must add. Universal Attachment. If your going to buy please go ahead and purchase the universal attachment plate with it. We have calls daily for many wanting our items but they cannot attach them. I cannot tell you the times we have beat a price or offer something at an incredible deal but the customer cannot attach it due to the hook up. We offer the John Deere hooks for a small charge but bite the bullet and get you a universal attachment plate. You will be glad you did!

universal_plate.jpg
    Universal attachment plate
    Change out your buckets current mounting system to a more universal style, with the universal attachment plate. ( bucket conversion )

The universal style attachment plate comes already spaced and squared. To do the conversion remove the old hook-up from your bucket and weld the new universal plate in it’s place on the bucket.

The universal attachment plate which welds in to place, has oval shaped openings that allows greater weld coverage, for a stronger weld spread between the universal atachment plate and your bucket.

Made in the U.S.A.

11. Balavto

Balavto Banned

Construction equipment hire, different attachement
    Gator Girls : Great!! Can you please give me your Phone number, for contact you?

12. DrJim

DrJim Well-Known Member

General Dentist, including Implant Restorations
    What is this, a who's got the most stuff thread? At this point, we mostly work on the farm. I get by with:

2001 Bobcat 773G Turbo 56 hp standard flow (open cab)
    very important: $ 10 Walmart 12 v cigarette-lighter-powered "air conditioner" (clip on fan, aimed at my head. . .)

66" low profile tooth bucket
    66" Bobcat brand 4-in-1 combination bucket
    66" Bobcat brand industrial (pan bottom) grapple bucket
    36" x 6" Bobcat trencher
    Bobcat 15C auger w/ 12" bit (If I need others, I rent them--that's happened once)
    pallet forks: Not used often, but essential for unloading, for example, pallets of steel t-posts, etc.
    DrJim brand hay spear for round bales
    Loegering Eliminator rake (not used often, but really, really handy when needed for ripping, de-rooting, raking out clods and rocks; it is also great for grubbing out privet and briar bushes along the edges of fields, etc) (too light to work going up-hill)

In 07 & 08, we acquired approximately 700 tri-axle loads of fill material, and pushed the majority of it with the skid-steer. Much of the fill was mixed, with big slabs of concrete from utility repair work (spoil), asphalt, and rocks. Though we had a big Cat high-lift around part of the time, the Bobcat 773 with the combo bucket was ideal for sorting the fill material. You can pick up individual rocks, or a bunch of rocks; hold the articulated part of the bucket open a few inches and shake--the dirt falls out. Move the rocks to the bottom of the hole you're filling, and then cover with the clean dirt. The big Cat couldn't do that--the rocks and slabs seemed to want to "float" to the surface. The JD 5425 ag tractor has more raw pushing power, but the skid steer turned circles around it for most of the dirt pushing work.

The grapple bucket can gather and then grab an unbelievable pile of brush in a single bite, turning the small skidsteer into a mighty tool. We skid whole trees with the grapple--grab with one prong of the grapple and then back up. The high lift couldn't do that--it could push them cross ways but a 60' tree is then "wider" than a 10' farm road.

The trencher works great in our soil. With some practice, you can rout out square holes for valve boxes, etc. We did hire some backhoe work, but judged it cheaper than fetching a rental mini-ex and then trying to operate efficiently--the backhoe w/ operator was a good bargain for the things we couldn't do with the skid-steer.

Summary: For years I borrowed or rented skid steers that had only a plain tooth bucket. I wouldn't have believed what we were missing--sort of like how I felt after stripping wire for 10 years with a pocket knifel, the way Dad tought me, only to find out that $10 wire stripping pliers existed the entire time. The grapple and 4-in-1 are essential, huge time savers, worth every dime, even if you have to pay your dealer retail (no, we didn't. . .). Steve, you asked. . . .

13. pafarmer

pafarmer Senior Member

Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
    2011 JD 333
    pallet forks
    Construction bucket
    Grapple bucket
    Hyd. Angle snow plow
    Tiller
    brush chipper

14. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT New Member

Hi. everyone
    This is what i have.

2011 Terex PT 100G Forestry

72" Bucket
    80" Bradco Bucket
    72" Cat Grapple Bucket
    72" Quick Attach 6 in 1 Combo Bucket
    72" Quick Attach Quick Cla Root Rake Grapple
    72" Solesbee Rake Grapple
    72" ASV / Grouser Dozer Blade
    81" Cat Dozer Blade that i got for free
    John Deere Harley Rake
    Bobcat 15C Auger
    Premiere T150 Trencher
    Bobcat Brushcat Rotary Cutter
    Fecon Mulcher
    Modern Pallet Fork

15. bjs

bjs Well-Known Member

lawn care speclist
    mine is 2011 jd 333d only 120 hrs so far :)

set of forks
    tooth bucket
    smooth bucket
    18 ' auger
    root grapple
    stump grapple

wish list

dozer blade
    trencher
    tiller
    bushhog
    quick power scape
    maybe a excavator attachment
    maybe a broom

16. OBPM

OBPM Well-Known Member

A nifty little attachment we just picked up.

Attached Files:

17. cherokee101

cherokee101 Well-Known Member

I see you have a Stanley Jackhammer (via search for same). I do as well and the hydraulic seals are leaking. Have you had to replace these and if so what did you do to charge the nitrogen accumulator? Stanley sells a recharge kit for a whopping $600 and I refuse to spend that much for such a small item. Do you know of an alternative? I see lots of kits on Ebay but don't know if their threads will fit the Stanley hammer.

18. TriHonu

TriHonu Well-Known Member

When I bought my Stanley hammer it had a very small leak. I took it to the local Stanley Authorized Repair Center which is about 1/2 hour from me and had them replace the seals. They also found that the accumulator was bad, so they also replaced the accumulator diaphragm and seals it and did a recharge. Total Parts was $92 and labor to repair it was $206.

I don't know what fitting is required to connect to the accumulator. The guy at the repair center told me that most hydraulic repair shops in my area would have the necessary equipment to recharge the accumulator. I took that to mean that the accumulator fitting was a common type.

19. RTSmith

RTSmith Senior Member

Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
    Can't speak for the Stanley, but my Okada has a regular Schrader fill valve. Just like a tire.