• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

what are your hobbies away from the dirt

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
nah..the jump was in jackson at one of stavola's holding yards...me and a couple of friends had permission to ride and built but not these days..to many people out every where riding and getting hurt...

always looking for places to ride ..any place around here is $1000+ fine..
vincetown is down by mt holly...kinda near rt 537..?...only like 45 minutes from me...

You should look into running in the Atlantic Grand Prix Series. It's reasonably priced and you get to ride new places. www.atlanticgrandprix.com It's a lot of fun and the race promoter really goes out of his way to make sure the racers are happy.

Dusty

Charter Member
i have flown through the air with the greatest of ease the landing was not so nice

20dub

How high is that jump?

The pictures are awesome!!!!!

the jump probably was 12-15ft tall, 65 ft lip to landing..you could easily go 110ft and still land on the soft part of the landing..we made it really long so you could bomb it...kinda off intimitdating looking but it was really easy to jump..

i have alot of better pics but resizing them is the problem...

20dub

You should look into running in the Atlantic Grand Prix Series. It's reasonably priced and you get to ride new places. www.atlanticgrandprix.com It's a lot of fun and the race promoter really goes out of his way to make sure the racers are happy.

i'am gonna start running district 6 ama.next year..englishtown nj,atco nj,hurricane hills pa,..mostly nj and pa....you up there are disrict 34 i think...i would like to do a couple races up there as well...i think it's claverack mx track maybe...has one of the biggest step ups or step downs..?i forget..i seen paul carpenter jumping it in a video and it was insane.:eek: .yeah i gotta go there...:yup ....i will definetly check that atlanticgrandprix out as well...cause ama is exspensive...:spaz

ecocrusher1

I have seen the Atco track, looks pretty decent. Dont know the cost of it but I will tell you one thing would be worth checking out.. my local watering hole is 5 minutes down the road from there and they have some very nice "talent." Mon-Thurs 11am-6or7pm is "Bikinni Lunch/Happy Hour." Sign on the door says "Warm Beer, Lousy Food." We also have some other places that let people ride around here where they seem to let people slide as long as it doesnt get crowded. It is also extremly tough to get busted as long as you know you surrondings being that we are in the Pine Barrens and there are a ton of Cranberry Bog Roads that cars cannot fit down anymore.:thumbsup If you are in the area let me know will treat you to a cold one and a great view...:thumbsup

jmac

I have had allot over the years. Snowmobiles for close to 30 years, still do that, four wheeler , had a Yamaha Banshee when I was 25 and then another one in my mid 30's, just can't find anyplace to ride anymore so sold it. Had a Sea Ray Bowrider boat in my 20's but the kids came and sold that. Rode a Kawasaki GPS 1100 in my 30's but almost killed myself to many times so I sold that after a few years, now I ride my Harley in the summer. Play poker ever Wednesday, still do that. Spent a lot time over years fixing up my house. Lots of bars over the years, but to hard to get up in the morning during the week so cut that way back. I enjoy my work and I guess if you enjoy what you do for a living you could call that a hobby also. Bought my wife a real nice 65' Mustang a few years back so have spent some time on that but not very much, it was in real good shape when I bought it. I guess that when I hit 40, my motor sports kind of went away, thinking about trying golf someday, my father plays 18 holes everyday, he's retired :yup . Must be nice.

20dub

I have seen the Atco track, looks pretty decent. Dont know the cost of it but I will tell you one thing would be worth checking out.. my local watering hole is 5 minutes down the road from there and they have some very nice "talent." Mon-Thurs 11am-6or7pm is "Bikinni Lunch/Happy Hour." Sign on the door says "Warm Beer, Lousy Food." We also have some other places that let people ride around here where they seem to let people slide as long as it doesnt get crowded. It is also extremly tough to get busted as long as you know you surrondings being that we are in the Pine Barrens and there are a ton of Cranberry Bog Roads that cars cannot fit down anymore.:thumbsup If you are in the area let me know will treat you to a cold one and a great view...:thumbsup

will do...:thumbsup

jazak

I dirtbike, fish, hunt, painball, build computers and more.:bouncegri

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
im into truck and tractor pulling! theres nothing like a diesel with 1000+ hp going down the track

MetalDragon_boy

Occupation
Work for the Swedish pharmacy
Heavy machines, music (death, black and heavy metal mostly, but I listen to older rock n roll and rockabilly also.), spiders and centipedes are also a big hobby.

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Snowmobiling, fishing, quading, vol. firefighting and fundraising for the latter, spending time with my family and friends, and if we're going into music I try to catch as many Dave Matthews concerts I can every summer......

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Formula one I try to get to the Canada GP every year. Also I like to ski buthave been plowing the last 4 years and it is tuff to go this year I only have one large account so I will make time to go.

drystack

Occupation
stonemason
Nac

Who's your F1 driver? I am closer to Canadian GP, but never made it up. Did you go this year? Nice to see someone else who's not into the redneck round-and-round:)

Matt

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Well I am a Ferrari fan. I worked for Ferrari North Ammerica for my winter and summer brakes from college for 2 years.I have not made the last 2 years but went 4 years in row before that. Also been to a cupel road races at Limerock, CT Watkins Glen, NY Homested, FL I try to watch Nascar but it is just boring watching them go around in a circle at least that is my opinion.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Nascar is pretty lame. I really like watching Le Mans, those races are awesome. Audi usually does pretty well, the R10 is one hell of a car. My A4 is just a work in progress right now, gives me something to aspire for.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
The Audi's are nice. I had a Porshe Boxster S that was nice but never used it. Also have a friend that work on Ferrari and I get to take them home once and a while. Here is one I had for 2 week at my house. And here is another.

Attachments

• DSC00071.1.JPG
    DSC00071.1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC00074.1.JPG
    DSC00074.1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 551
  • Haledon 003.1.jpg
    Haledon 003.1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 548
  • Haledon 002.1.jpg
    Haledon 002.1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 553
  • Haledon 001.1.jpg
    Haledon 001.1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 558

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Boxster S is nice, but not quick enough for me. I can't get over how expensive they are and only 250 horses?! The A4 I have will smoke a Boxster S by the time I'm done with it. Shooting to get 325 bhp with reliable, supercharged power, standalone fuel management, injectors, etc., etc..I'll take a 911 Turbo or a 997TT any day of the week. The new Carrera's are super nice, one of these days....

Nice Ferraris, love the 360's. Still like a 612 Scaglietti though, but I really don't like Enzo's all the much. Too much hype.

Deas Plant

What Do I Do With My Spare Time? Wot Spare Time??

Hi, Folks.
Wot is spare time?????????????????????????????? Wotsa hobby????

Well, when I happen to have any spare time left over from work and answering e-mails or queries on the 4 or 5 different BBs that I visit - I like to go scuba diving, do a little photography - still and video, get into several different types of alternative therapies, run personal development classes, help friends restore vintage machinery (I'm not silly enough so far to have my own to restore.), bush-walking, writing (various sorts of stuff) and I enjoy a good discussion/debate. I also don't mind a bit water ski-ing but it's been a while since I had the time for it.

I also used to do a little hunting and fishing but lack of time has put them on the back burner for the moment. Hell, I haven't even had time to go chasing women the last few months, since I've been doing a Trainers and Assessors course to make it legal for me totrain and assess operators. MAN, I GOTTA GET A LIFE.

I think I burn enough fossil fuel and make enough noise each week to cover my share so most of my interests tend to be away from engines of any sort, aside from getting to and from, with the exception of restoration of vintage machinery.

Happy hobbying.

You all have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Electra_Glide

For me, as I posted in another thread, it's model railroading. In warmer weather, I'm usually out puttin' around on the motorcycle.

Joe

Unlike everybody else around here who's talkin' about snow, it was unseasonably warm here in Western PA until about a week ago. I finally remembered to snap a picture of the bike (from when I was out ridin' around Thanksgiving...:bouncegri

First snow is supposed to be here tomorrow...

Joe

Attachments

• 117-1750_IMG.JPG
    117-1750_IMG.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

Jeff D.

Unlike everybody else around here who's talkin' about snow, it was unseasonably warm here in Western PA..........
YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!:bouncegri

We had -7 last night.:crying

Good looking scooter Joe, I am jealous. Don't go and slip on a patch of ice with it now.:wink2