1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

What are all the things you do with a grader?

Discussion in 'Motor Graders' started by Grader4me, Jul 13, 2008.

1. cuttin edge

cuttin edge Senior Member

Finish grader operator
    I had a guy tell me that a grader was useless, and a waste of iron. There was so much wrong with that statement, that I didn't even bother to answer. Some people are not just stupid, they're stupid stupid.

2. Graderfan1981

Graderfan1981 Senior Member

Yeah, you are absolutely right, in the german Bauforum they are some those stupid users too, they think that graders are unrentable, not usefull and so on.. All those people who think so, they are all very very stupid, because they don't know what grader can do.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  3. Radrock

Radrock Well-Known Member

Heavy equipment operator
    Wolf, I would say that Deas Plant answered that very well. Good Job Deas. I have operated most all construction equipment other than a crane. A grader is still my favorite. And I am sure that it has always been the challenge to make me keep trying harder and harder and better at what I do. I had to laugh at item 16... Pipe laying. We dug out for some 12" concrete pipe and when the ditch was done the track hoe broke down. It was a shallow ditch but I told them that I could lay that pipe with a blade. They thought I was crazy but I did indeed set all of the pipe by just winging out and sticking then in the ground. Everybody really thought it was a crazy idea until we got it done. *smile*

I'm not going to say that it is the best equipment to run, But I would say for those of use that started out on a grader probably thinks it is. Someone that has operated a dozer most of his life would no doubt say that is the best. And I can say there are lots of time that I enjoyed it as well. Same way with an excavator. I have put lots and lots of hours on a few different makes and models. Not the giant ones. Cat 345 is probably the biggest. I enjoy it very much to but I have seen lots of people that can scratch the hair off of the back of a fly with them too. Not me. I just don't have it to do that.

4. Graderfan1981

Every construction machine has interesting things what it can do, I don't say that a heavy equipment machine is bad or not usefull, because i don't like them. Ok, I'm a person who only like graders, but other machines can do very good other jobs too.

5. Graderfan1981

6. bflobil

bflobil Well-Known Member

Farmer, dirt work
    Kody's Phone 3-8-13 008.jpg
    Lots of projects are accomplished with a good six wheel drive grader around northern Montana. Besides plowing snow, which is a blast, I've cut irrigation ditches, built rds, cut back-slopes, built pads for buildings, pulled out numerous vehicles and tractors. Even used the blade to pick semi trailers up out of the mud (landing gear sunk into ground while not hooked to a truck). Graders are one of my favorite tools for all kinds of projects.

7. Graderfan1981

I had discussion with users on a german forum, they have very unusal opinions from a grader, they are so stupid and don't know what a grader can do!!!! Some think a grader can never so good make talud works as dozers and excavators, I'm laughing, they can do this better and faster and a dozer can never make steeper slopes, because a grader can swich the blade 90 degrees.

8. Stump Knocker

Stump Knocker Well-Known Member

Retired
    If he was dumb as dirt, he would cover about an acre!

STUMP KNOCKER

9. Graderfan1981