• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What’s the purpose

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
That was when I worked at the dealer. They were $150/hr flat rate, no mileage charge. Now I believe they’re $180/hr. Our service manager would send us to work anything and I mean anything. Another field tech was once sent to work on somebody’s lawnmower. I’m not kidding. I still hoard stuff on my truck because I work on a little of everything.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
The C5500 I was in for a while the top 4 drawers weren't ever used in any of the cabinets. Personally I think any drawers over 5 feet above the ground are a waste. Last thing I want to do is climb up on steps or a ladder to reach the top shelf.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I was in bigger trucks but if I was mami g new today would see if I could tech my way in to a 250/350 maybe long bed extend box, common truck.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
So going back to my original post I think I understand why the riser was put on. The truck originally had a telescopic top over the bed and I’m thinking the riser was put on so the crane could pivot without hitting the top while it’s closed.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
My biz isnt exactly the same as a service mechanic. But I got a flat with a knuckle, battery tools, inverter welder sawzall, 4T wire rope cumalong and a sleever bar I can get by anymore, I haul it back to the shop and if I really gotta load a welder skid in a pickup which is rare anymore. I dont have old and busted around the country I got to service, most of it all been worked out long ago. Mack finished 2.JPG Mack Tire.JPG