• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

West coast Trailer or East coast trailer

prnninc

helo everyone I got a question about Trailer if any one can give me some suggestions I am thinking to by 2+3+2 trail king west coast trailer 65 tons or 2+3+2 fontain east coast trailer 70 tons does anyone know which one is better Please help thanks so much

Chaz Murray

helo everyone I got a question about Trailer if any one can give me some suggestions I am thinking to by 2+3+2 trail king west coast trailer 65 tons or 2+3+2 fontain east coast trailer 70 tons does anyone know which one is better Please help thanks so much

The question should really not be what is better but where and what are you hauling. If you are going to stay on the east coast then having a trailer set up for the rules of the east coast is the way to go. If you are going be hauling all over the lower 48 then would need a west coast style if you want to come though states like California. For example California does not allow mixed suspensions in the same group so if you have a walking beam and air ride on the 3 axle group (so you can lift an axle) the third axle would not be legal in CA. Other states may not care but it is a problem here.

Rethink your question a bit and we can help guide you in the right direction you want to head. You don't want to buy more trailer than you need and not enough is a problem too so have to find the happy medium in there somewhere. Don't forget about Cozad in your trailer decision. We build some of the best west coast trailers as well as east coast models that will serve you well.

planecrazzzy

Occupation
Operator , Cert Welder , Class "A" Truck Driver
I would also consider "Salt"...

If it's the same set-up.... Go West Coast.... No Salt used there...

East coast... you'll have a rust bucket...

Same when buying older trucks.
Gotta Fly...