• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Well so much for that

Welder Dave

I went for what I thought was my last chemo injection today but now with the 4th wave of covid may have to get more chemo. I was scheduled to go for my stem cell transplant on Sep. 29 but that has been postponed too. Homecare was coming every week to flush my central line and change the dressing but now it looks like they're going to take it out. They can use a standard IV in my arm for the transplant but I left the central line in because it didn't bother me. Oh well, maybe I can do the transplant in the winter. Damn covid.

Welder Dave

It might be a good thing if I can do the transplant in the winter. It allows me to get more stuff done when the weather is decent. Don't really like having to get more chemo but my Dr. said it could be a good thing because the lower I can get my cancer level before the transplant, the better chance of the transplant getting my level down to zero.

Welder Dave

I'm getting pretty good at doing enough to make my back ache. LoL One of the hardest things is getting up if I kneel down. I used to think it was an age thing, maybe it is but now it's worse. Really makes me feel old when it takes so much effort just to stand up. I'm lucky that I don't have to be cooped up at home all the time and can go out and do things.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just be careful not to overdo WD, I have now got into some issues by being a little too rambunctious.

Welder Dave

I think what's aching more today is my head. I bought a new fuel sender unit for the grader yesterday and even after they knocked $30 off the price it was $225.00! It's a pretty simple piece... and I thought Cat was ridiculous for some parts.