1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Well I thought it was neat......

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by Nige, Jun 4, 2019.

1. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    What trailer make is that Nige, I cannot make out the name tag.

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

It looks like it's a Nooteboom, made in Holland. https://www.nooteboom.com/cat/eurotrailers/

Nooteboom and Faymonville out of Luxembourg (https://www.faymonville.com/) have pretty well got the European specialized trailer market sewn up between them. It says a lot that a German outfit is using a Dutch trailer, I'm sure if there was an equivalent German one available they'd be using it.

Another thing I have never seen before is a floodlighting system of the quality that's on the back of the tractor. Very handy when apparently most of your city pickups and drop-offs are going to be made at night.

Mother Deuce likes this.
  3. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Looks handy but heavy as all get out, saw a second vid where the tandems on the nose raise independently making the trailer more a detachable Neck trailer but steer even when up from fifth wheel position. Very slick.

Mother Deuce likes this.
  4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I get the impression that the two axle dolly at the front is more to improve the manoeuvrability characteristics of the trailer in tight spaces than it is for out and out load carrying capacity. It certainly turns pretty tight for a rig that size.

DMiller likes this.
  5. TVA

TVA Senior Member

We have our share of steerable lift axles, transfer dump boxes, extendable dump trailer hitches, switchable camber lift axles, and so on, and so forth! Here in NA!
    I guess my question about original video is: do they have separate truck going around and picking up those empty pallets? Or you have to have whole lot of those pallets to do exchange! Otherwise it just don’t make any sense!

DMiller likes this.