• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

welder info

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
ive got a chance to pick this welder up pretty cheap..

MILLER, #BOBCAT 225D, ARC WELDER/ GEN, 8000W, DIESEL FUEL, POWER OUTPUT- 120/ 240V, 70/ 35A, 8. 5KW, 1. 0PF, 3750RPM, 1HP, 60HZ

what do ya think .. im not familar with welders.. so any info would be great..

this is just a super cheap deal..

50 bucks or so.. picked up

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Id be leary of it and get serial numbers to run. 50 bucks and it a diesel. I paid 1200 for a Gasburner 225 with 60 ours on it. Its about 2 years old. New the gas burner sells for 2900 here. GO to the welding supply in that area an find out the age of the machine to. It may be an older machine but they still bring a good price.
Even if you gave 50 dollars for it then lost it as evidence maybe someone would get their welder back an it wouldnt be a great loss out of your pocket. I hade a friend that got a great buy in one and the police took it later it caused a big hassle. Just check it out and ask alot of questions. Welders are easily stolen despite their weighs.

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
its not stolen. its a govt surplus acution t hat s been up for auction over 3 different times with no bids.. theres 4 other welders that are for sale. just local auction.. and not many goto the acutions..

payton

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Payton I would definately jump on that. THe motor is worth 1500 minimum. I love my 225 although it doesnt weld as good as the Trailblazers. The diesel is super quiet to. I run a chopsaw and a porta band alot on some of my jobs along with a grinder. I also sometimes bring a turbine heater for preheats. Im an auctionaholic lol.
When you get a portable welder youll wonder why you went solng without one lol. Ivfe welded for 10 year and this is the first machine ive owned portable wise. They pay for themselves immediatly. They do you a bit of oilbecause they are shut off at a higher than normal speed een new ones do it. Again thats a great find

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
Originally posted by Taylortractornu
Payton I would definately jump on that. THe motor is worth 1500 minimum. I love my 225 although it doesnt weld as good as the Trailblazers. The diesel is super quiet to. I run a chopsaw and a porta band alot on some of my jobs along with a grinder. I also sometimes bring a turbine heater for preheats. Im an auctionaholic lol.
When you get a portable welder youll wonder why you went solng without one lol. Ivfe welded for 10 year and this is the first machine ive owned portable wise. They pay for themselves immediatly. They do you a bit of oilbecause they are shut off at a higher than normal speed een new ones do it. Again thats a great find

the place i go thru on auctions has everything broke down from state to state ..from base to base.. or suplus spots

payton