• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Weird Grader Applications

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
My my my Mr. Moderator! Apparently you haven't seen the memo, lol! brycemaclennan is correct, until he passes from Probationary status his image posting privileges, among others, are restricted. This is to protect our member's privacy from solicitors and spammers.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
My my my Mr. Moderator! Apparently you haven't seen the memo, lol! brycemaclennan is correct, until he passes from Probationary status his image posting privileges, among others, are restricted. This is to protect our member's privacy from solicitors and spammers.

Disregard what I said. Steve is correct.

I got the memo. The memory is what slipped by me. :D

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
Anyone have knowledge (or better yet pictures) of strange applications for a grader. I found this one the other day in California. I can't say that I have seen a grader used for clearing tumble weeds!!:beatsme

I worked for our local county road and bridge department for seven years as a blade operator we pulled weeds on the back slope and shoulders of gravel roads every year as fire prevention. What a job we maintained county roads in the summer and plowed snow in the winter. Year around work is hard to find in this industry!

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
loader-grader

This loader uses an attachment grader.
They constructed it themselves.
Kuypers Kessel in Holland.

Attachments

• kkgrader.jpg
    kkgrader.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 2,647

Deas Plant

Hmmmmmmmmm?????????????

Hi, NL1CAT.
Thanks for sharing. Hmmmmmm??????????? Interesting. GPS or laser equipped too. Methinks the visibility would not be all that flash ahead and perhaps a little restricted to the blade as well but certainly a novel way to make a 4wd quick-hitch loader a little more versatile.

Do you have any more photos, please?

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Have to admit i didn't think of that setup as a grader...:)
But why construct it?

Here u go, its a bit more advanced!:D

There is as much as three different producers in Sweden that makes grader atachments like theese.;)
We had one for testing some years ago.
They are a attachment for the loaders, nothing more. Works for the not so advanced jobs.:)

Attachments

• vreten6000-1.jpg
    vreten6000-1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,211
  • strangspridare3000.jpg
    strangspridare3000.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,159
  • vreten6000-7.jpg
    vreten6000-7.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,156
  • vreten6000-3.jpg
    vreten6000-3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,138
  • vreten6000-4.jpg
    vreten6000-4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3,150

Grader4me

So would these be used alot? Everything quick attach I suppose..so hooking and unhooking wouldn't be very time consuming or labour intensive. I've never seen anything like that before. Great stuff..thanks!

On edit..be nice to have a picture from inside the cab looking at the moldboard. Be interesting how much you could see.

Last edited:

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Well, the blade is pritty far in front of the wheels.
U can se it rather well, cutting edge is vissible all over.
Only obstratction is the loader arms and the two frame parts.

But it is difficult if u got a Z bar link on your loader...

Its three contactpoints, two bolts in the quick hitch by the axle, two hydraulic hoses and one elctric contact. Bolts on/off in minutes.

Not so many sold, this modell is the most advansed and rather expensive.
There has also been some conflicts around this models as one produser copied another...
The cheap and simple ones are sold in bigger numbers, mainly used for maintaining gravel roads.

shredder

Occupation
Product manager
Pth Tractor Grader Front Mount

I think this new grader system is going to be next up and coming system especially for farmers or contractors

Please view the website www.pthcrusher.com

If you require any information let me know

Northart

Caterpillar 1930 year attachments

Just to show something from a 1930, Caterpillar Model 30, Leaning Wheel Grader. And a later version,for the Motor grader.

Attachments

• Bee Line  Slope.jpg
    Bee Line Slope.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,863
  • Cat 30 grader.jpg
    Cat 30 grader.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,807

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Those grader attachments arent too far off from my skid steer grader I have. Its got 2 caster wheels and attaches to the quick plate. you can let the rippers down and use the loader to lwer them. I have used it like this occasionally around the farm, My honey moon ate up all my money to ubuy the conversion controls for it.

JonesBros

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck Driver/Fabricator
side board i use when grading with laser/gps

We made one of them back shoot..10 years ago whenever anybody did any fine grading. You could always shoot your stone your holding to that side rather than piling it up on the edge of the shoulder. We just took an old 12F sidecutter and welded a plate to it. So far its been on 3 different graders which are the 12F, and 2 12G's which it doesn't fit 100% right but as soon as we wear out one of our sidecutters on our 12G's we're going to take the old one and weld a plate onto that one :cool2 But that pic does give me an idea to put a handle on ours and the next one :D

JonesBros

Occupation
Chris thanx for the reply..got any pic's of that attachement?

Not on me, but I can most certainly get you one! It ain't nothing pretty to look at but it gets the job done good! Everybody always looks at us crazy whenever we pull it out back of the service truck and bolt it up :cool:

JonesBros

Occupation
Here's the beauty. Snapped it right before it started raining with my phone, so the quality isn't the greatest.

Attachments

• shield1.jpg
    shield1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,277
  • shield2.jpg
    shield2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,269